Certificate errors constantly!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by flimzy, Nov 5, 2014.

1. flimzy macrumors regular

Hi guys. I was trying to stream some soccer matches and numerous times Popups and ads came up trying to get me to download something! One of them actually went into my download box but I stopped it before it finished and NEVER installed anything manually. I left my comp for a few hours and i came back with it shut off and when i turned it back on there was two pop ups still open. Now I'm getting these certificate errors asking me to verify my own school wifi, AND every single site i visit. It is also telling me to verify my email saying that something could be pretending to be the gmail while stealing information. What is this? and also the time and date is changed to december 31, 2013. What happened? do i have a virus?

2. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

Correctness of date and time for verification of certificates, and for authentication

If for any reason the date or time is incorrect, then for security it may be normal – proper – for the local operating system to present certificate-related alerts.

(Considerations include expiry dates of certificates, and so on.)

Also, with some types of authentication a remote server will require a client to have its date and time set correctly.