certificate secured wifi connections

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iShak, Oct 1, 2007.

1. iShak macrumors 6502

I am currently studying at a UK University and live on campus, the uni has a very good wireless network and I get full coverage all over the campus and inside my room but the open network requires the browser to download a certificate to encrypt the traffic, my iPod touch seems to be struggling at that ..

does any one knows if iPod is capable of downloading certificates so as to log on to wifi networks?

2. iShak thread starter macrumors 6502

44 views and no replies .. oh well.

so it turns out that iPod *is* capable of downloading and accepting security certificates to log-on, but this operation is very buggy, sometime it works and other times it just wouldn't budge .. I managed to log-on 3 times out of 8 tries .. wish Apple would just iron these bugs out as quickly as possible.

3. iwantatouch macrumors newbie

i'm in the states but having the same problem! I just got the message "safari cannot download this" when I tried to obtain my digital certificate. I really want to be able to use the university's internet. How did you even get the certificate to download? I really hope this gets fixed.