Price Advice Certified Refurbished RIP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by grcar, Aug 8, 2015.

1. grcar Suspended

grcar

Customers looking for deals on certified refurbished apple products will have to look harder because the redesigned apple website has no obvious link to the discounted products. The page is still there but apparently can be accessed only by googling apple certified refurbished and taking the first non-ad link. Either the discounts are going away or apple has goofed up its retail pages. Can't believe I scooped macrumors on this!

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

You don't have to Google for anything; go to Apple's home page and scroll to the bottom. In the second column, "Apple Store", is an option for Refurbished.

3. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

4. ocabj macrumors 6502a

ocabj

LOLWUT

Apple.png

5. grcar thread starter Suspended

grcar

Yup, there it is, but not prominent at the top of the page, instead, in very tiny grey letters on a grey background. Why do web designers think grey on grey is easy to read? LOL.

6. ocabj macrumors 6502a

ocabj

I've been going to the footer of the home page to get to the EDU store for the past few years. Not sure what everyone else has been doing.

7. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

It's always been there on the UK store. Come on if you are apple the less people who know and the more who buy new the better....

8. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

It's never been at the top of the page. Nothing has changed.

9. nutjob macrumors 6502a

I put "apple refurbished" into Google and the first result was http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac which seems to be where the refurbished items are.

It took me about 3 seconds, why is it a problem?

10. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

11. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Same here, I never knew there was any other option.

12. campyguy macrumors 68030

I don't know why any savvy Mac buyer uses Apple's refurb store for Mac/iPad/iPod products - this coming from a buyer of two refurb Macs on my desk. I use the www.refurb.me web site - a localized portal with a direct tie into localized stores, notifications, free - I snagged my two refurbs minutes after getting a text message - which linked directly to the product I wanted, right on Apple's web site. Nifty.

13. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

What a great site! I never knew about this! Thank you for the link and tips!

14. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Unless they've improved in the last year, refurb.me was beat to the punch by DAYS on at least 2 occasions. Through diligent checking (once a day), I was able to find the desired product on Apple's site, only after the item was ordered and shipped did the email come in that the item was in stock.