CES 2015 New TVs

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Shearwater, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Shearwater macrumors regular

Shearwater

Lots of news about new TVs at CES 2015. Many seem to be integrating Android TV into the overall package.
    Anyone read anything about integrating Apple software with the major TV brands..or is Apple missing the accelerating boat?

2. 2010mini macrumors 68040

Hell will sooner freeze over before integrates their software with a third party manufacturer. Apple is a hardware as well as software company. if/when they come out with a new Apple TV, both the hardware and software will be designed by them.

3. 1madman1 macrumors regular

Carplay?

4. 2010mini macrumors 68040

CarPlay software is on the iOS device. The radios are just compatible to act as a screen.

5. littlepooch21 macrumors regular

Yeah I wish they would do something. Honestly I haven't really seen Apple as creative as they were in years past.

6. cooloregon macrumors newbie

I think the best thing would be if television manufactures would just build great tv's, add more HDMI connects and just let 3rd parties add smart software through set top boxes, that are much easier to update and replace when new hardware is needed.

7. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

This. People tend to keep their TVs far longer than the typical lifespan of CPU/GPU, etc so the likelihood of the software in my TV being able to keep up after even just a few years is unlikely. My plasma is about 8 years old and still going strong. At the time I purchased it, the original Apple TV wasn't even for sale and is a relic comparatively. Set top boxes offer a far simpler and cheaper way to get the latest and greatest available.