Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today at CES, Otterbox announced the iPhone 6 version of its Resurgence Power Case series. The case comes with 2,600 mAh of battery power and military-grade drop protection. The previous version of the Resurgence case featured a 2,000 mAh battery.

otterboxresurgence.jpg
Resurgence boasts 2,600 milliamp hours (mAh) of battery power, providing more than two-times the battery life of the iPhone 6. The two-piece snap design simplifies case assembly and removal. Resurgence is made up of a specially formulated polycarbonate to improve impact resistance and absorb energy from drops and bumps. The case is rigorously tested to meet MIL STD 810G-516.6, a third-party test that drops the case on all faces, edges and corners from four feet.2 The new design incorporates compact advanced circuitry, resulting in a smaller profile.
The case also has auto-stop technology, which shuts off the case when the phone is fully charged, allowing users to save battery power from the case for when it's needed. It also supports wireless and wired syncing without removing the case and a headphone jack extender, as the case adds length to the bottom of the phone.

The pricing and availability of the Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 6 is currently unclear, though Otterbox says its website will have further information in due time. Pricing may mirror the cost of the iPhone 5 and 5s version of the case, which retails for $99.95. However, Otterbox has not yet revealed plans for an iPhone 6 Plus version of the case.

Article Link: CES 2015: Otterbox Reveals 2,600 mAh 'Resurgence' Power Case for iPhone 6

Dilster3k

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
Really wondering where Mophie is at. :|
They still don't have case offerings for the 6 / 6 Plus

Comment

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
This is ruggedizing and extending a phone and computing device much like those that were customized for vertical industries back in the 90's. Does anyone remember Pen Computing magazine?

http://pencomputing.com/features/

Comment

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
This is the first generation of iPhone where I'm actually content with the battery in the iPhone and have zero interest in a charging case. I've had my iPhone 6+ and have been using it pretty continuously for the past 2 months, and I've never seen it drop below 20% (I recharge nightly, although often it has over 50% at the end of the day.)

Comment

JamesBrock

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2011
This is the first generation of iPhone where I'm actually content with the battery in the iPhone and have zero interest in a charging case. I've had my iPhone 6+ and have been using it pretty continuously for the past 2 months, and I've never seen it drop below 20% (I recharge nightly, although often it has over 50% at the end of the day.)

For me, this is the first iPhone that I am considering options for battery cases. I have the 6 and the battery runs out before the end of the day very often. I have had the 3g, 4, 5 and rarely needed to charge mid day. I know the 6+ has amazing battery life, but the 6 has me disappointed.

Comment

Waxhead138

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
For me, this is the first iPhone that I am considering options for battery cases. I have the 6 and the battery runs out before the end of the day very often. I have had the 3g, 4, 5 and rarely needed to charge mid day. I know the 6+ has amazing battery life, but the 6 has me disappointed.

When I first got my 6, it was better on average than my 5 was (comparing two brand new phones.) I got my six in late September. It seems as though the battery life is starting to slip much earlier on my 6 than it did on the 5. Anyone else experiencing this? As a point of note, I rarely have the GPS turned on with the 6, and never used the GPS much on the 5 either.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.