Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Brydge today officially unveiled its latest keyboard, debuting the BrydgeMini designed for Apple's iPad mini 4. Brydge's first BrydgeMini keyboard came out earlier this year for older iPad mini models, but at the time, a version for Apple's latest iPad mini wasn't available.

Like all Brydge keyboards, the BrydgeMini is constructed from aluminum and attaches to the iPad mini using a set of tabs. It's not a full case, so while it's heavy at 0.66 pounds, it doesn't add an excessive amount of bulk. The BrydgeMini is 0.29 inches thick and it comes in Silver, Gold, and Space Gray to match all of Apple's iPad colors.

brydgemini.jpg

It also includes the same features that are found in all Brydge keyboards, including backlit keys, a rechargeable battery, and 180 degree viewing angles. As it's designed for the iPad mini, the BrydgeMini does not have a full-sized keyboard, but it uses the same keys as other Brydge keyboards.

The BrydgeMini retails for $99 and is available for pre-order from the Brydge website starting today. The $99 price point is a special pre-order price, and prices will go up after the pre-order period.

Brydge has also shared new pricing details on the BrydgePro keyboard for the iPad Pro, which it announced in December. Designed for Apple's largest iPad, the BrydgePro weighs in at a hefty 1.6 pounds and offers the same features as the rest of the Brydge lineup - a full-sized keyboard, Bluetooth 4 connectivity, a multi-angle hinge, and backlit keys.

brydgepro-800x575.jpg

The BrydgePro is priced at $189 and available for pre-order from the Brydge website.

Article Link: CES 2016: Brydge Debuts BrydgeMini for iPad Mini 4, Shares New Details on BrydgePro

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I need a BrydgePlus for my iPhone 6+.

Edit: Turns out they already have a product with that name, but it's old and not for the 6+.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
@MacRumors will you be doing a review video of the iPad mini 4 case? The backlight keys sound nice, how long will battery last on a full charge?

SteveJobs2.0

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Macrumors doesn't mention that this keyboard also comes with little stereo speakers.

Edit: Well it seems that only the current iPad Air keyboard has speakers so they might be removing features.

Reactions: MrGuder

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Just watched the video for the iPad Air 2 case and it looks really good high quality materials and the stereo speakers look impressive. I'd like to see a live review using it and the mini one too. They should send both to macrumers to review and then do a giveaway. Hint hint

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
I have an iPad mini 4, but I don't see why I would ever get a keyboard for it. I'd rather get an 11" MBA. I like my iPad, but not for any real work!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.