Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Incipio today announced several new ClamCase keyboard cases designed for the iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 4. All of the cases use ClamCase's signature clamshell design paired with a 360-degree hinge, turning an iPad into a MacBook-style device.

First up is the ClamCase+, the first ClamCase keyboard available for the iPad Pro. The ClamCase+, which is also available for the iPad Air 2, features a full-sized QWERTY keyboard, backlit keys, and auto sleep/wake functionality. On the iPad Pro version, there's a built-in slot that holds the Apple Pencil when it isn't in use.

clamcase-ipadpro-800x556.jpg

The ClamCase+ will be available in Gray, Gold, and Silver to match each of Apple's iPads. The iPad Air 2 version will retail for $149.99, while the iPad Pro version will sell for $169.99.

Exclusive to the iPad Air 2 is a new ClamCase+ Power case, which is a standard ClamCase keyboard case that also includes a built-in 6,000 mAh battery and a 2.1A USB port that can be used for charging an iPhone or other iOS device. The ClamCase+ Power, which only comes in black, will be available in the second quarter of 2016 and will retail for $199.99.

clamcasepower-800x353.jpg

The ClamCase Prompt, Incipio's most interesting offering, is also exclusively for the iPad Air 2. The ClamCase Prompt has a small built-in OLED screen on the lid that's able to provide visual alerts for non-disruptive smartphone notifications during class sessions or meetings. The ClamCase Prompt pairs to a smartphone via Bluetooth and is able to deliver alerts to the keyboard case.

clamcaseprompt-800x515.jpg

The ClamCase Prompt, available in Silver/White, will begin shipping in the second quarter of 2016. Like the ClamCase+ Power, it will retail for $199.99.

For the iPad mini 4, Incipio is introducing the ClamCase Pro keyboard, which includes a 360-degree hinge that allows the iPad to be adjusted at a user's preferred angle for typing and viewing. The ClamCase Pro for iPad mini 4 comes in White/Silver and Smoke Gray, and will be available for purchase from the Incipio ClamCase website during the first quarter of 2016. It will retail for $129.99.

clamcaseproforipadmini4-800x545.jpg

ClamCase was previously an independent company, but was acquired by Incipio in 2015. Incipio plans to continue producing new products under the ClamCase brand name.

Article Link: CES 2016: Incipio Announces New ClamCase Keyboard Cases for iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad Mini 4

pscl

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2013

Incipio today announced several new ClamCase keyboard cases designed for the iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 4. All of the cases use ClamCase's signature clamshell design paired with a 360-degree hinge, turning an iPad into a MacBook-style device.

First up is the ClamCase+, the first ClamCase keyboard available for the iPad Pro. The ClamCase+, which is also available for the iPad Air 2, features a full-sized QWERTY keyboard, backlit keys, and auto sleep/wake functionality. On the iPad Pro version, there's a built-in slot that holds the Apple Pencil when it isn't in use.

clamcase-ipadpro-800x556.jpg

The ClamCase+ will be available in Gray, Gold, and Silver to match each of Apple's iPads. The iPad Air 2 version will retail for $149.99, while the iPad Pro version will sell for $169.99.

Exclusive to the iPad Air 2 is a new ClamCase+ Power case, which is a standard ClamCase keyboard case that also includes a built-in 6,000 mAh battery and a 2.1A USB port that can be used for charging an iPhone or other iOS device. The ClamCase+ Power, which only comes in black, will be available in the second quarter of 2016 and will retail for $199.99.

clamcasepower-800x353.jpg

The ClamCase Prompt, Incipio's most interesting offering, is also exclusively for the iPad Air 2. The ClamCase Prompt has a small built-in OLED screen on the lid that's able to provide visual alerts for non-disruptive smartphone notifications during class sessions or meetings. The ClamCase Prompt pairs to a smartphone via Bluetooth and is able to deliver alerts to the keyboard case.

clamcaseprompt-800x515.jpg

The ClamCase Prompt, available in Silver/White, will begin shipping in the second quarter of 2016. Like the ClamCase+ Power, it will retail for $199.99.

For the iPad mini 4, Incipio is introducing the ClamCase Pro keyboard, which includes a 360-degree hinge that allows the iPad to be adjusted at a user's preferred angle for typing and viewing. The ClamCase Pro for iPad mini 4 comes in White/Silver and Smoke Gray, and will be available for purchase from the Incipio ClamCase website during the first quarter of 2016. It will retail for $129.99.

clamcaseproforipadmini4-800x545.jpg

ClamCase was previously an independent company, but was acquired by Incipio in 2015. Incipio plans to continue producing new products under the ClamCase brand name.

Article Link: CES 2016: Incipio Announces New ClamCase Keyboard Cases for iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad Mini 4
[doublepost=1452014057,1452013961][/doublepost]looks nice, but the lack of a touchpad functionality (and support from iOS) is a bummer...

imagine how productive one could be with touchpad functionality... <3

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I don't understand why you'd want the Prompt considering you'd probably be using the keyboard to begin with and wouldn't see those notifications.

The Plus as a battery pack is a neat idea though.

I was really worried about Incipio giving up on the brand, would definitely get one of these instead of Apple's keyboard if I was going to get an iPad Pro. Still love my Pro that I use with the Mini.

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
Nice to see additional options for an iPad Pro keyboard. Hopefully it isn't "broken" like the Logitech CREATE has been.

mmendoza27

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2007
Still disappointed with the lack of Smart Connector support on these newer keyboards. This one is enticing though. It can hold the Apple pencil and has back-lit keys. I could see myself paying a little over $100 for this if it drops down on special or something.

satchmo

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
I wonder if the buyout from Incipio will improve product delivery times. Clamcase was a joke. I waited for months for a Clamcase for my iPad Air but delays forced me to go with a Zagg.

flapflapflap

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
Bulky and takes away from the sleekness of the iPad Pro. You might as well get the Macbook Air Retina, because by the time these become available, the MBA-R will already be out.

I can't understand why third party keyboard makers can't come up with something like the keyboard offered by the Galaxy Tab Pro S.

IAmGLaDOS

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
Bulky and takes away from the sleekness of the iPad Pro. You might as well get the Macbook Air Retina, because by the time these become available, the MBA-R will already be out.

I can't understand why third party keyboard makers can't come up with something like the keyboard offered by the Galaxy Tab Pro S.

I doubt there will be a rMBA due to the introduction of the Macbook (2015)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.