CES 2016: Speck Announces Google Cardboard-Compatible Pocket VR Case for iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 5, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Speck has announced (via PhoneArena) a new accessory called the Pocket VR, which is a collapsible virtual reality headset that's compatible with the company's Candyshell Grip cases. The headset can be used to display content created for Google's Cardboard VR headsets, allowing iPhone users who use Speck cases another avenue to experience virtual reality on their devices.

[​IMG]

The Pocket VR attaches to the Candyshell Grip when in use. When not in use, users can easily fold it up and slip it into their pockets if they choose. The Pocket VR comes with a matching Candyshell Grip case and is available for both the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus.

The Pocket VR launches in Spring and will be priced at $70.

Article Link: CES 2016: Speck Announces Google Cardboard-Compatible Pocket VR Case for iPhone

2. ~HavoK macrumors member

~HavoK

That's a ridiculous amount of money. I'll stick to the Cardboard I got for free instead of shelling out $70 for the exact same thing...

3. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

I don't know which headset I'd choose (something with a strap, unlike the one I have started with) but Google Cardboard is definitely very cool on iPhone!

I MIGHT pay this price premium if I gave VR demos just a bit more often than I do. For now, I'll lug the non-folding variety around. (Which also blocks ambient light nicely.)

At least the price includes the candy shell case as well.

(I would hope it would include a VR control button, but I don't see one. Tapping the screen is OK but awkward.)

4. SteveBlobs macrumors member

$70? You can get a nicer one for $15 if you search around. Same experience as the cardboard one. Have to be a fool to go for this.