Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

CES 2017: Misfit Debuts Its First Touchscreen Smart Watch, the Vapor

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Misfit today introduced the Misfit Vapor, its first smart watch that includes a touchscreen. Vapor is Misfit's most advanced wearable device yet, with fitness, sleep, and heart rate tracking along with GPS and standalone music functionality.

Vapor has a 1.39-inch circular AMOLED display that's attached to a traditional watch band, for a setup that's not too bulky and can fit a wide range of users. The following sensors and hardware are built into the Vapor: accelerometer, altimeter, gyroscope, optical heart rate sensor, GPS, and microphone.

With GPS, the Vapor does not need to have a smartphone nearby to play music or keep track of their workouts, and with Bluetooth connectivity and built-in storage, music can be played directly from your wrist, much like with the Apple Watch. It's swimproof and water resistant up to 50 meters.

Vapor includes a Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 processor and 4GB of memory, and in addition to Bluetooth, it supports WiFi. It connects to a magnetic charging cradle for power, and lasts for two days on a single charge.
Misfit Vapor opens the next chapter of even more customizable options for our users. Touchscreen smartwatches offer an almost infinitely versatile platform on which to build new experiences, products, and services. The future of wearables will grow out of both truly wearable hardware and advanced software that is tailored to create a compelling, personalized user experience. Vapor takes us one step closer to achieving that vision," said Preston Moxcey, General Manager of Misfit.
At 44mm, the Vapor slightly bigger than the Apple Watch, and it will come in two finishes: Jet Black and Rose Gold, both with matching bands. Misfit plans to begin selling the Vapor later this year for $199.

Article Link: CES 2017: Misfit Debuts Its First Touchscreen Smart Watch, the Vapor

Lapidus

macrumors regular
May 14, 2012
Am I missing something or is this the best Smartwatch out there? (I own an Apple Watch & am tempted to buy this one.)

Saipher

Contributor
Oct 25, 2014
CA, USA
And yet rumors are the new Apple Watch to be released this year will be just a minor update to the existing Series 2. :(

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
Am I missing something or is this the best Smartwatch out there? (I own an Apple Watch & am tempted to buy this one.)
Doesn't speak to integrations with messaging, or much about notifications. Purely for a watch, or fitness device, looks very nice.

coolfactor

macrumors 601
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Poor choice of name, given the meaning of "vaporware".

What operating system does it run? Something developed by Misfit?

Can more functionality be installed onto the watch?

There's no law that says you can't have more than one watch. It's the fashion industry, after all. :)

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
This is a nice looking smartwatch. I'd go with this one over the Fitbit watches anyday. Misfit's app plays nicely with iOS and the Health app.

If I hadn't lost my Misfit shine, I'd probably wouldn't be wearing my Apple Watch. Maybe if this was available a few months ago, I'd have gone with this over the AW.

Kabeyun

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2004
Eastern USA
That alleged two-day battery life obviously depends on what you do with it. Passing grade journalism but not an A.

honglong1976

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2008
UK
looks just like a moto 360 or am I missing something?

Used misfit before due to the really decent Pebble app. Now I know why they haven't bought the app out on the Apple Watch.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I would be curious to try it. The price point is fair and it offers quite a bit in terms of what the other competitors are offering.

Happy-Mac

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
Tech bloggers really need to learn the distinction between 'storage' and 'memory'.

For example: 'The Vapor smartwatch has 4GB of storage for music'.

I completely agree, them and my dad.

I figured as new products and their specs came out my dad would read/hear about them and learn the distinction (he keeps up a bit, but he's been saying it wrong for at least a decade). But now bloggers/reporters are reporting it that way.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
And yet rumors are the new Apple Watch to be released this year will be just a minor update to the existing Series 2. :(

I read that article as well. If they do update the Series 2, it will likely be incremental. Again, I don't necessarily believe that article, but I think will see more rumors if it's accurate as we approach closer to September 2017.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.