CES 2019: Speck Launches New 'Case-E' iPad Case Aimed at Kids

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 6, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Speck today announced the launch of the Case-E, a new tablet case that's aimed to protect iPads that are being used by children. The Case-E is a followup to the Speck iGuy, one of Speck's most popular iPad cases.

[​IMG]

The Case-E, like the iGuy comes in bright colors and uses soft but sturdy materials that are easy to grip. Case-E features 6-foot drop protection along with detachable EVA foam "arms" that kids can hold onto.

The arms serve as a stand for use in landscape or portrait mode, and there's a tie for securing it to a vehicle's headrest when in the car.

[​IMG]

Speck plans to begin offering the Case-E iPad case for $39.95 starting during the first quarter of 2019. It will be available from the Speck website, and it is compatible with the last five generations of 9.7-inch iPads.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Speck. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Article Link: CES 2019: Speck Launches New 'Case-E' iPad Case Aimed at Kids

2. Col4bin macrumors 68000

Col4bin

Can’t tell from this write-up or photos, but is there a built-in screen protector to cover the iPad touch screen? From past experience, essential for young kids like my 5 and 3 year olds.

3. H.E. Pennypacker macrumors 6502

H.E. Pennypacker

It’s really hard to justify and iPad purchase for kids, when the fire kids tablet is $129.

4. NIKKG macrumors 6502

NIKKG

I got my kids $50 fireHD 8" tablets last year with a similar looking case for like $12 bucks. Installed google play store on them and the kids have been happy watching YouTube kids or educational apps ive installed. If they break them, no big sweat.

5. BuffaloTF macrumors 6502a

Buying a Fire tablet is an easy way to quickly justify the purchase of an iPad for children. Those things are junk, junk, junk.

6. H.E. Pennypacker macrumors 6502

H.E. Pennypacker

Our fire tablet has taken some crazy abuse works great and amazon offers a no questions asked replacement if it breaks.

7. Pakaku macrumors 68020

Pakaku

Yeesh, talk about pretentiousness...

8. canny macrumors regular

canny

Kids shouldn’t use tablets, they should be outside playing

9. BuffaloTF macrumors 6502a

No... they're just bad. Slow. Bad screens. Bad touch recognition. Hard to navigate the Kids UI. Bad battery life. Have to use SD cards for apps. I have 2 of them, which is why I also now have 2 iPads for them both instead.

The only thing worthwhile is if you get the Kids edition, they'll send you a new one no questions asked should it be damaged... so once that stage is past, it's not good for anyone over the age of 4.