Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Satechi today announced the launch of a new three-in-one wireless charger that's able to charge multiple devices at once, including the Apple Watch, AirPods, and an iPhone equipped with Qi-based wireless charging capabilities.

Satechi's Trio Wireless Charging Pad is features a minimal design with a plain black design that includes an Apple Watch charging puck, an AirPods cutout that works with both the AirPods and the AirPods Pro, and a circular space designed to accommodate an iPhone.

satechiwirelesscharger1-800x728.jpg

A single USB-C cable charges the Trio Wireless Charging Pad and it comes with a 24W adapter. The Apple Watch charging puck pops up to support charging in Nightstand mode, so it can be used on a bedside table.

satechiwirelesscharger2-800x506.jpg

According to Satechi, the Trio Wireless Charging Pad features foreign object detection and over temperature protection to detect issues and cut power if necessary.

The Satechi Trio Wireless Charging Pad is available now for $120 from the Satechi website and from Amazon. From January 7 to January 10, customers can get a $20 discount using the code STCES2020 on both sites.

Article Link: CES 2020: Satechi Launches New Trio Wireless Charging Pad

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
I think I need this. The $20 off coupon is very tempting. I’m worried it’s gonna be junk though. Looks great and if it does what it’s advertised to do will be a perfect replacement for the ancient iHome on my nightstand.

Reactions: unplugme71

darkslide29

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2011
San Francisco, California
Tempting for an all-in-one solution, where I don't mind the specific dedicated placement areas at all. Haven't heard of this company, but an Amazon search shows a variety of items such as travel chargers, usb hubs, and stands.

Reactions: rezzo

Seanm87

macrumors 68020
Oct 10, 2014
Wait how is it Apple cant make AirPower work but some random company I and I imagine most people haven't heard of can?

I smell burning...

iDento

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
iCloud Servers
Wait how is it Apple cant make AirPower work but some random company I and I imagine most people haven't heard of can?

I smell burning...
AirPower was supposed to charge your devices wherever you put them, this has dedicated chargers for each device and they aren’t interchangeable.

Reactions: darkslide29

awdhaan

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2020
I ordered the device. It heats up my smart battery case for iphone xs max too much and either the power adapter or pad makes a strange humming noise. I’ve unplugged the device awaiting a response from Satechi support

peteski22

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2020
I received one of these today (UK based so had to wait a while for delivery and pay the import duty and handling fees ~£25).

Sadly, it's not great quality at all, and wobbles when sat on a flat desk. :(

Tried contacting Satechi regarding sending this thing back as it's not good at all.. Let's see how we go about doing this, and how much it will cost me to send back to the states. Hmmn.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.