Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Belkin today debuted the Boost Charge Pro 2-in-1 Wireless Charger Stand with MagSafe, which is designed to work with Apple's iPhone 12 lineup.

belkin-magsafe-charger-2.jpg

The Boost Charge Pro 2-in-1 with MagSafe is similar to the existing Boost Charge Pro 3-in-1 with MagSafe, but it includes a single MagSafe charger and eliminates the accompanying Apple Watch charger. It also features a wireless charging base that supports AirPods, AirPods Pro, or another iPhone that charges over Qi-based wireless charging.

belkin-magsafe-charger.jpg

The MagSafe charger is able to charge Apple's iPhone 12 models at 15W, while the base charger charges at 5W. The MagSafe charger works just like Apple's MagSafe charger and it can be used in either portrait or landscape orientation. It comes in either black or white. Belkin is pricing the Boost Charge Pro 2-in-1 with MagSafe at $99.95, and it will be launching in March or April 2021.

Belkin today also announced the launch of Soundform Freedom True Wireless Earbuds, which are wire-free earbuds that offer up to eight hours of play time, environmental noise cancellation, and Qi-based wireless charging.

belkin-soundcore-earbuds-ces-2021.jpg

The Freedom True Wireless Earbuds are the first third-party product compatible with the Find My app, and will be able to be tracked and located right alongside Apple devices in Find My if they should be lost or stolen.

Belkin's Soundform Freedom True Wireless Earbuds will be available in March or April 2021.

Article Link: CES 2021: Belkin Debuts New 2-in-1 MagSafe Charger, Find My-Compatible Soundform Wireless EarBuds

Ralfi

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Now this charger is probably the most practically designed, for those who only have an iPhone (12) & AirPods v2/Pro.

More third party companies should take note, & undercut Belkin’s crazy RRP...

acblue94

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2011
New York, NY.

Belkin today debuted the Boost Charge Pro 2-in-1 Wireless Charger Stand with MagSafe, which is designed to work with Apple's iPhone 12 lineup.

belkin-magsafe-charger-2.jpg

The Boost Charge Pro 2-in-1 with MagSafe is similar to the existing Boost Charge Pro 3-in-1 with MagSafe, but it includes a single MagSafe charger and eliminates the accompanying Apple Watch charger. It also features a wireless charging base that supports AirPods, AirPods Pro, or another iPhone that charges over Qi-based wireless charging.

belkin-magsafe-charger.jpg

The MagSafe charger is able to charge Apple's iPhone 12 models at 15W, while the base charger charges at 5W. The MagSafe charger works just like Apple's MagSafe charger and it can be used in either portrait or landscape orientation. It comes in either black or white. Belkin is pricing the Boost Charge Pro 2-in-1 with MagSafe at $99.95, and it will be launching in March or April 2021.

Belkin today also announced the launch of Soundform Freedom True Wireless Earbuds, which are wire-free earbuds that offer up to eight hours of play time, environmental noise cancellation, and Qi-based wireless charging.

belkin-soundcore-earbuds-ces-2021.jpg

The Freedom True Wireless Earbuds are the first third-party product compatible with the Find My app, and will be able to be tracked and located right alongside Apple devices in Find My if they should be lost or stolen.

Belkin's Soundform Freedom True Wireless Earbuds will be available in March or April 2021.

Article Link: CES 2021: Belkin Debuts New 2-in-1 MagSafe Charger, Find My-Compatible Soundform Wireless EarBuds
Having to hold down the whole wireless charger stand just to remove the phone makes no sense to me. Lol.

sfsurfer

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2007
I really like the design of the Belkin 2in1 and 3in1 chargers - they are clearly best of the bunch for me, but I'm not able to use them because I run a third party case on my iPhone and from what I've read, they cannot be used with non MagSafe cases. I tried the Apple transparent MagSafe case and hated it and am now running a Casetify case that I love. I would guess that the majority of people run cases on their phones, so for the life of me I cannot understand why they don't build these products so that the phone is supported by the base/structure and not just the MagSafe connection....

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Does the 2-in-1 stand have an indentation where the AirPods are? I get that... but I hope it's flat. I'd rather have a more generic second charging option. Also, how heavy is it? Can I just lift my phone off it? Or do I need to hold it down with one hand while I lift w/ the other?

anson42

Contributor
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA
Does the 2-in-1 stand have an indentation where the AirPods are? I get that... but I hope it's flat. I'd rather have a more generic second charging option. Also, how heavy is it? Can I just lift my phone off it? Or do I need to hold it down with one hand while I lift w/ the other?
I looked at the 3-in-1 on belkin.com and it does have an indentation so I expect the 2-in-1 does also. You can kind of make out the edge of it in one the pictures. I do wonder if it would still charge a second phone if you lay it on there.

It is possible to remove a MagSafe charger with one hand where you use your fingers to pry off the charger while lifting the phone. That same type of move you should be able to pull off – pun intended – with this stand too, if it isn't heavy enough. Because the phone is elevated, you might be able remove it with other one handed motions using the base as leverage.

anson42

Contributor
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA
Much better than their tree stand, but it’s still chrome-like plastic.
Really? If you're referring to the 3-in-1, the web site indicates stainless steel. Of course, it doesn't say what part but I would assume the steel-looking tree portion. Major misdirect if the steel is hidden in the base.

_bw

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2021
Just got the 3-in-1 today, and the stem is metal.
To answer a couple other questions in this thread -
- I can lift my iPhone 12 mini off with one hand and the stand doesn't move.
- While there is an indentation in the base, it's not shaped like an Airpods case, it's round. An iPhone XS Max in a case charges there just fine.

Reactions: Ralfi

4jasontv

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2011
Really? If you're referring to the 3-in-1, the web site indicates stainless steel. Of course, it doesn't say what part but I would assume the steel-looking tree portion. Major misdirect if the steel is hidden in the base.
MR, who previously reviewed one, went out of their way to avoid saying it’s stainless steel or any type of metal.
7489C865-44B4-4604-A0BB-8EC00D35F3BB.png

anson42

Contributor
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA
MR, who previously reviewed one, went out of their way to avoid saying it’s stainless steel or any type of metal.
Not sure why it was written that way. Either MR couldn't tell for sure or it really isn't stainless steel. Either way, it would be good to know.

I just googled other reviews and found one on iMore with this text:
The sturdy design extends both to its metal arms (made from diecast zinc with polished chrome plating)
and Apple Insider has this:
The body of the product is crafted from stainless steel.
which I hope is referring to the tree.

Anyways, if that thing isn't metal, I would expect it to snap, and that would suck for a premium product!

_bw

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2021
Not sure why it was written that way. Either MR couldn't tell for sure or it really isn't stainless steel. Either way, it would be good to know.

I just googled other reviews and found one on iMore with this text:

and Apple Insider has this:

which I hope is referring to the tree.

Anyways, if that thing isn't metal, I would expect it to snap, and that would suck for a premium product!
It's metal!

Reactions: anson42

_Spinn_

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2020
Wisconsin

I figured Apple would open up the Find My app to third parties at the same time they announced Air Tags.

beanbaguk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2014
Europe
Has anyone else got this from Baseus? 15w Magsafe stand charger, at a fraction of the price of the Belkin.

I paid just €25 for this and it works great with my iPhone 12 Pro, and just a quarter of the price. I also had this weeks ago so Belkin are a little behind on this.....(granted it does not have the Qi base charger, but I'm not overly fussed by that).

0438c242-e54a-4396-92d6-c6e07dfb14b7.jpg.webp

anson42

Contributor
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA
Has anyone else got this from Baseus? 15w Magsafe stand charger, at a fraction of the price of the Belkin.

I paid just €25 for this and it works great with my iPhone 12 Pro, and just a quarter of the price. I also had this weeks ago so Belkin are a little behind on this.....(granted it does not have the Qi base charger, but I'm not overly fussed by that).

0438c242-e54a-4396-92d6-c6e07dfb14b7.jpg.webp
Did you try posting a picture? It doesn't show. If it isn't a dual device charger, it's not quite in the same class of product as the Belkin but could be good as a standalone phone charger. Also, is it a certified MagSafe product?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.