Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dguisinger

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 25, 2002
Well, apparently Microsoft has no problem doing what Apple used to and now refuses to do......provide a live stream to a keynote:

http://microsoftatces.com/

Starts in about 45 minutes, in the meantime, I'm listening to the best part of it.....the classical music while waiting for it to start :p

I wish Apple would finally do a live stream again, I miss those days.

Anyways, time to go listen to Bill Gates talk about how great Vista is...helps build the excitement for Tuesday :D

dguisinger

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 25, 2002
I take that back; they just replaced the classical with some absolute crap.....forebodding their product announcements I suppose.

dguisinger

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 25, 2002
Microsoft can provide a live stream because only about 5 people watch it. :p

haha.....I personally want to see rev 2 of xbox 360.... looks like they are integrating hd-dvd, hdmi, maybe wireless, and a new 120gb hd along with the 65nm cpu. Rumors are they are talking about it tonight.

other than that........ *yawn* hahaha

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
I'm watching the live stream now. Right now they are demoing Vista and its "revert back to original" feature and dogging Apple. :rolleyes:

"Its almost better than 'going back in time'"

dguisinger

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 25, 2002
I'm watching the live stream now. Right now they are demoing Vista and its "revert back to original" feature and dogging Apple. :rolleyes:

"Its almost better than 'going back in time'"

Yeah.....saw that. You know, ShadowCopy was in 2003 server....they did have it first, lol......

I don't care for apple's TimeMachine interface, its neat, but they need consistancy........ i dunno.....lol, we'll see tuesday if they made improvements....

dguisinger

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 25, 2002
I admit, I'll get an OEM copy of Vista for the MBP. :cool:

News Flash: Bill has bad posture! ...who cares, he's the richest man in the world.

Yeah, i mgiht get a copy to play with. i like the motion video desktop......i want the waterfall, lol

dguisinger

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 25, 2002
Pfff....Macs been doing that ever since Quartz Extreme in Panther.:p ;)

WTF?! Broadcast temp. suspended to protect intellectual property of the HP Home Media Server?

yeah, that was pretty pathetic. The home media server's ability to combine hd's on the fly as a single point of storage is nice..... but ZFS has that doesn't it? :)

dguisinger

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 25, 2002
supposidly MTV Urge is really successful and Zune is off to a great start and will be a market leader in a year, LOL

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
I was reading the live engadget coverage as I was hoping for a 360 rev 2, and they posted a screenshot of the "live coverage disabled." Best part? It was playing in quicktime on a mac. :D

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, i mgiht get a copy to play with. i like the motion video desktop......i want the waterfall, lol

If I read correctly (did not watch the keynote) that feature is only available in Vista Ultimate (they called it an Ultimate Extra, right?)

So be prepared to lay down some serious $$$.

Or, just get Mac OS X that has been able to do this for years.

Or, just get a copy of Linux.

J Radical

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2006
I've been watching a few video clips of his keynote and is it just me or does everything he say fall flat?

Obviously Bill doesn't have the charisma of Steve, and his audience are always going to be a much more sober bunch but I can't help but wince watching him try to engage the crowd. :eek:

The other thing that strikes me is just how badly presented the keynote is, the introductory video showing the zune and vista in action is laughably bad. The pictures on the screen when he is giving his introduction are so unprofessional and naff. Even the stage area is cluttered and bad.

MS really could learn a lot from Apple.

I like Bill, his software isn't my first choice and his business attitude is often anti innovation, but his work in Africa is incredible.

dguisinger

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 25, 2002
Yeah, it didn't seem to go over real well.

All the spin they put on their music technologies being market leaders was laughable. You just can't spin that in a positive way......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.