CES2008 Microsoft

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MRU, Jan 7, 2008.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Just a few articles from IGN's coverage of CES2008

Show's that the money really is in the software, and Nintendo really need to speed up software delivery if they want to win on both fronts.

I know many many people who have 1 single game for there wii - and that's wii sports. Great to get non-gamers to buy and drive your hardware sales, now lets give them software ASAP.

Nice.. more studio's, more films on LIVE. LIVE rental service is great (100 points) €1 rentals compared to €5.25 in xtravision is a no brainer, just really need 'more' movies on there.

So no more hardware news till Feb - until then we will continue to speculate away :)

2. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Shame there was no Ultimate console, I was taken by that.

100 points? I'm sure they we're 500+ when I last looked.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

What's all this news about the Xbox joining up with BT for some kind of content delivery stuffs? That'll be mega here. Absolutely mega.

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Maybe, I personally don't think this will be such a big deal until the next gen of consoles...

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So it's IPTV. I can't find a use for it but if it's a free service (or feeds off the Xbox Live subscription). With recording and the likes?

When you couple that with the 360's HD film and TV download service then its certainly got huge potential. How does a system survive if HD-DVD dies? BT and Marketplace knows.

6. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

500 for HD version 100 for SD version :)

7. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Basically its the UK version of IPTV :)

edit... doh you already just posted that :p

8. Queso macrumors G4

BT's IPTV system is a bit pants according to the people over at Digital Spy forums. The general consensus is that it needs quite a bit of work before it starts to become something worthwhile. Content is seriously behind what's available on both Virgin and Tiscali.

This deal will benefit BT more than Microsoft IMO.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Virgin is IPTV? My Carolines on that at her student house and I was mightily impressed about watching old shows without the STB having a HDD or anything like that.
    Oh, and lovely Mighty Boosh sig there :p

10. Queso macrumors G4

It's sort of a hybrid from what I understand. Since they pipe their Internet access down the same cable as their broadcast channels they can also do VOD stuff over IPTV to their STB.

And you must love the Boosh, or I'll have to turn my back on you :)