CExchange iPhone 3GS Quote

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Psant, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Psant macrumors regular

Can you believe this ****? :mad::mad:

The condition it was quoted in was THE SAME as the one it was appraised for and I sent it in within the 10 day quoted period.

Anyone else get lowballed by CExchange?

[​IMG]

2. Fant macrumors regular

Quote doesn't say value will be determined when they receive it? Value of it dropped every day

3. Psant thread starter macrumors regular

From what their Customer Service rep stated to me before I sent the phone in was that the Original Quote was valid for a 10 day period, so it's "locked in."

Also said, rarely, if the quoted condition doesn't match the actual condition, then yes the offer will be revised. In my case, the condition they appraised it at was the exact same.

Most trade-in sites work like that, I believe.

4. MacBone macrumors member

MacBone

sold my 3GS 32GB on eBay for $400 last week. i looked into this, but when you see what they are going for on eBay it just doesn't make sense.

5. macster70 macrumors member

I got lowballed today!!!! What a joke!!!!

Gary, thank you for shipping the items in order #XXXXXXX to CExchange. Your partnership with us gives you value in exchange for ensuring the ecologically responsible reuse of your old equipment.

Below is our evaluation of what we received:

Original Appraisal Original Value CEX Evaluation CEX Appraisal Final Value

Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB (5578858), LIGHTER WEAR, Charger $354.51

Evaluation revealed: The Model's condition was found to be MODERATE WEAR, due to: The exterior housing of the unit has sustained mild, normal wear. Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB (5966531), MODERATE WEAR, Charger $172.88

Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB (557XXXX), LIGHTER WEAR, Charger $287.82

Evaluation revealed: The Model's condition was found to be MODERATE WEAR, due to: The exterior housing of the unit has sustained mild, normal wear. Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB (596XXX), MODERATE WEAR, Charger $147.34

If you would like to receive a PayPal for our revised amount $320.22, we will quickly move forward with this transaction. For any of the items where we have offered you a revised quote, you may accept our new offer or decide to have that item returned to you at no charge. We will provide you with payment for the total amount of all items in which we are in agreement.

If we do not receive a reply to this message within one week from today, we will assume that you accept this revised offer and proceed accordingly.
    Thank you for your understanding, and let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards--

Darren

If you wish to discontinue further electronic communication between yourself and CExchange, please follow the link below. This link will allow you to unsubscribe from further CExchange emails.
    CExchange Email Opt-Out

6. Psant thread starter macrumors regular

I sent an email response to them and am waiting for them answer.

7. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

Thats a high-end price, but congrats! my 16gb GS went for $261, but I was paid within 5 mins to a 100% feedback with 300+ given. The average for 16 GBs were $294 according to ebay. The prices are dropping daily.