CF - The Lucky Labs or SGP

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Bobioden, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

2. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

TheLuckyLabs has excellent customer service. SGP does not.

Also I received a $5 off coupon from them do I bought some wraps from theluckylabs.

3. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

I got a cheap skin off ebay $2 or such. Coupled with a $2 clone Apple bumper, I think it looks ok. Comes with sides and front also.

Attached Files:

• skin.jpg
      skin.jpg
      File size:
      226.1 KB
      Views:
  4. Boston Rhett macrumors regular

Agreed about Lucky Labs' customer service. They mistakenly forgot to include something I'd ordered, and when I pointed it out they got back to me that same day and mailed it to me straightaway.

I have a Lucky Labs black carbon fiber back, along with their brushed metal logo insert. Camera cut-outs are perfect and don't affect the flash. Works perfectly with bumper-style cases, as well as certain snap-ons (I have an Agent18 SlimShield that fits fine with the skin on). Overall, Lucky Labs has great quality products for cheaper than SGP sells them for. And like TM WAZZA said, they just sent out $5 coupons to people on their mailing list.

5. Bobioden thread starter macrumors 68000

Bobioden

6. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

7. Bobioden thread starter macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Thanks, glad to know that. The back only is $12.95

8. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Search ebay for 'carbon skin iphone 4 or 4s'. Choose the lowest cost. I got mine for $3 from a seller in Utah. Nice quality. Fits good also. I just wanted side protection for bumpers, cases scratching the antenna band, but ended up using front and back.

9. TwinCitiesJHawk macrumors 6502

TwinCitiesJHawk

I have the icarbons and absolutely love it. The texture is great and install was a breeze. They use 3m film so no its not the "cheap quality found on ebay" They post coupon codes all the time on twitter and have wonderful customer service as well.

pics on this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=14023494&postcount=24

10. Bobioden thread starter macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Thanks for the suggestions and pics. I think the icarbons looks great.

11. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

My $3 eBay skins use 3M also. Go ahead. Spend away. :rolleyes:

12. Bobioden thread starter macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Just ordered the Lucky Labs.

YOUR ebay skin was NEVER an option. Look at the 2 I was asking about. I never asked for an ebay option, just the best between the Lucky Labs and the SGP.

13. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Good then. Waste your money on identical skins. Ungrateful much?:confused:

14. Bobioden thread starter macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Not being ungrateful at all. I asked for opinions between the 2 CF skins. Thanks for you input, but from what I have read those two were the best ones for the e13tron case. I took the time and researched the best aluminum case for the iPhone 4s and wanted a good quality skin to go on the back. Your option although nice, were not what I was looking for.

Sorry if I offended you.

15. t1m1t macrumors member

I have both CF back stickers, one from SGP and one from The Lucky Labs. I prefer the one from Lucky Labs a lot more. The SGP one is stickier making it get stuck to your fingers, the camera cut out is pretty big, and when teamed up with a bumper doesnt hide the back well (sum of the white from my phone shows between the stickers edge and the bumper edge). The Lucky Labs sticker is sticky but not dirty sticky (sorry haha), the camera cut out is almost perfect (had some issues but was sent a new one free of charge), and the edges fit well along the phone's edge (white doesn't show between bumper edge and sticker edge).

16. jakeby macrumors newbie

I have a lucky labs skin. No issues what so ever. Prompt delivery, and I like in the UK. It looks great and I've had a lot of compliments. I too have a $5 off code. If you would like to use mine, send me a private message on here and I'll be sure to send it you.

EDIT: I see I am already too late. Sorry about that. Enjoy the skin though!

17. Bobioden thread starter macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I am looking forward to receiving my Lucky Labs CF skin. I also just did a custom order for a Zagg skin.

18. jb822 macrumors newbie

This post made me decide to get a CF skin from lucky labs. anyone know of any discount codes or offers?

19. Boston Rhett macrumors regular

I just posted this over in the Lucky Labs coupon thread, but they just sent out a $5 coupon to everyone on their mailing list, expires 1/31. I probably won't use mine, so if you're interested PM me and I'll pass it along.

20. jb822 macrumors newbie

unfortunately too new to PM at this point :(

21. Boston Rhett macrumors regular

Ah no worries, I just emailed you the code.

22. jb822, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012

jb822 macrumors newbie

you are the best. may the karma angels find you and reward you. now the only question is black CF or white for my black iPhone 4s

23. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Black. White skin on a black doesn't look clean IMO.