Chairmat...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by allisonv7, Oct 26, 2009.

1. allisonv7 macrumors 6502

This is probably going to be the most boring thread ever, but I didn't know where else to ask.

I just bought a house and moved in this past week and the room I will use as the office has carpet, while not ideal, it's nice carpet and I hate to just rip it up and replace it with flooring right away because I'll have plenty of other expenses for now.

I want to get some sort of a chairmat (maybe even a rug?) so I don't completely destroy the carpeting in the coming months. The only ones I know of though are those clear plastic things with the points on one side. Does anyone know of an attractive alternative? I'm not looking to spend a ton here, under 50 bucks or so if I can.

Anyone have an ideas?

Thanks for indulging me,

allison.

2. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I don't think this will be the most boring thread. Give it two minutes and you'll be saved. I don't have an answer as I don't use or need one of these but I'd be curious to see what others have as a solution that isn't that clear plastic thing.

3. dangermou5e macrumors member

4. allisonv7 thread starter macrumors 6502

Like many things, you can spend as much or as little as you want. I can get a decent rug for well under that ($50-100, max).

I heard the other day that the average office chair, while move just inches at a time, will travel 8 miles in a year.

I looked around for some mats last night and didn't really find anything I liked too much, so I will probably look into a rug.

Thanks for the responses guys, and if anyone else has an opinion let me know! :)

allison.