challenge for expert jailbreaker - bricked iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by davidcaitpe, May 12, 2011.

1. davidcaitpe macrumors newbie

Hi Y'all,
    I had a nice iPhone 3GS working on AT&T which, after leaving the USA, I tried to unlock. I tried a lot of things, a lot of tools but without managing to have the iPhone working.
    Right now, I get the message "the SIM card inserted in this iphone does not apear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate the iPhone. Please insert the SIM card with your iPhone or visit a supported carrier's store to receive a replacement SIM card" and I have a "no Service" message instead of "bars" (this with the original AT&T sim card, though the contract got cancelled).
    When I first started to manipulate my iPhone 3GS, I had (I think) iOS 4.2.1 and a 5.14.02 baseband. I tried 1st to upgrade the baseband to the iPad baseband, I think I managed it (got to see the bars) but then got the "SIM card..." error.
    And from then I lost patience & reason, and tried so many things (without writing down anything) that I can't remember to what iOS version my iPhone has been restored to.

So, if one of you likes the challenge & think my iPhone 3GS can be resuscitated (that way I can get rid of my BlackBerry), do reply / email me.

Thanks!

David

2. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

If you've got the iPad baseband you need to create a Custom 4.3.3 ISPW with PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze. Update your iPhone with that and you're good to go, well at least partially since GPS will be broken.

Reason I say 4.3.3 is that using SHSH blobs and editing HOSTS-file is obviously a bit too much for you.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=14573