Challenge: Need An App/Apps For $6 Or Less

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jds96d, Feb 17, 2012.

1. jds96d macrumors member

Alright my App Gurus, I have a challenge for you (or maybe not challenging at all if you know your Apps). I have $6 left in my iTunes credit. I want to find a music, utilities, or photo app for $6 or less. In other words finding a legit app or combination of apps with the rest of my credit only. I am hitting a wall and have Googled around but am coming to believe all the "best of" articles are slightly biased or paid-off. I am coming to the users now. Can you recommend a music, photo, or SWEET utilities app(s) with only my store credit to purchase? To help guide you, I have these apps already in those categories:

Djay
    Beatmaker 2
    Animoog
    Loopy
    FX Studio
    Camera+
    Comic Book
    Half Tone
    Snapspeed
    Luminance
    Game Your Video
    Silent Film Dir
    Filmic
    Perfect Photo
    Dermandar Pano
    Cleartune
    Convertbot
    1Password
    Radio Alarm

Thanks, and let the passionate Apps opinions begin. :)

2. jds96d thread starter macrumors member

Hmm...either everyone is busy working (unlike me today), or the wall has been hit as well...or maybe this is just boring...ha.

3. mattraehl macrumors 6502

If you have an interest in photography and image enhancment I would go with Snapseed ($5) + Luminance ($1). Snapseed really gives some fantastic results with very little work. The effects and filters provide much more control than "one tap" effects as seen in apps like Instagram or Camera+. The company that made the app, Nik Software, knows what they are doing, they sell photoshop filter and effect plugins for hundreds of dollars.

As an example, here is a before and after I did in a few minutes using Snapseed and Luminance.

Attached Files:

4. jds96d thread starter macrumors member

I got Snapspeed and Luminance (actually both for free at the time). Any others out there that can meet my challenge? Check out 1st post please to see what I have. Thanks.

5. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Check out NightCap

I haven't purchased it yet, but it looks amazing and the feedback doesn't lie!!

6. jds96d thread starter macrumors member

Yes! This is what I'm talking about. Never heard of this one. Any others out there that I'm missing Appers? Got $6 to do it in.