Chance - Feature Film I shot on 5D Mark II

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by standeliverleav, Jan 25, 2011.

1. standeliverleav, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011

standeliverleav macrumors newbie

Here's a trailer to a film I wrapped this summer in the US Virgin Islands. The budget was incredibly small and my main vendor was Home Depot. We shot over two months. We took our time/hurried up. You can even see in the trailer some of the shots that didn't hold up with the compression, but the 5D's sensitivity to light really brought this story to life and made the film possible, no joke.

www.chance-themovie.com

2. Keebler macrumors 68030

thanks for sharing! I want to see it. Looks interesting.

As for the compression, it depends on what you used.
    I'm using a maxtro compressHD card in my macpro and I find it superior to Compressor. Not sure if that helps.

Please let us know when the movie is out.
    Good luck!

3. jwheeler macrumors regular

Looks cool. How did you get the anamorphic aspect ratio. Did you just cut the top and bottom off. Or use a special lens?

4. standeliverleav thread starter macrumors newbie

I wish! Yes, as you said, we cropped the image. I'm prepping for a music video right now and I'm having to put a 'streak filter' in my order so we can achieve a lens flare effect you get by doing it true anamorphic . One day!

5. legreve macrumors regular

legreve

Lovely... it's always good to see when craftsmanship takes over. Your movie has a very nice look to it. May I ask what lenses you employed for this job?

And if you're ever doing a job in Europe and need a 2nd unit cameraman throw me a mail!
    www.legreve.com / info@legreve.com

6. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

Have you considered just doing the lens flare in post?

Not sure if it works with your flow, but upside would be absolute certainty of the lens flare -- often, I've found that the lighting that you need and the lighting that generate the lens flare you want are worlds away!

7. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Still very very nice though. Excellent job my friend!!! Where did you find the music or did you have it custom made?

8. standeliverleav thread starter macrumors newbie

The music is an original for the trailer. The director has a good friend who is a very talented musician.

Also, they finally got it up on vimeo!

http://vimeo.com/19377062

Please pass around!

Also we ended up using a streak filter this weekend and really saved us in a rave setup. Our fogger crapped out on us by the time we got to that setup! Thank you streak filter.

9. standeliverleav thread starter macrumors newbie

For anyone interested in seeing this film, the producers are looking for distribution. The release date/premiere is in April.