Chance of 32 iphone for WWDC?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macbook129, Mar 21, 2008.

?

32gb Iphone in June?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. Possible

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  3. No Chance

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. macbook129 macrumors newbie

Hi, what do you guys think about the possibility of the iPhone being updated to 32gb during WWDC (june)?

Thanks

Sorry if this has been posted / or annoys people.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

3. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

well...the 16GB upgrade took only 3-4 months...WWDC will be 8 months after that

but the only issue about a 32GB iPhone is an affordable 64GB Touch

i reckon possible...

4. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Incorrect, the 16GB was released on February 5th 2008, so a full 7 months went by before the 16GB version was introduced since the 4GB and 8GB initially went on sale at the end of June 2007.

5. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Aint happenin! Will not happen until they re-arrange the inards and that will be with the 3G version which as predicted in other threads (along with reasons) will not be untill October.

Nice try in starting a new thread that states the same old thing about when a 3G phone is coming without using those words:rolleyes:

6. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

My bad, you are correct...I now change my vote to 'unlikely' :p

I do think 3G is more important atm 16Gb is plently, any more, it becomes more iPod than phone until 3G is released

7. iStefmac macrumors regular

Nope. Not a chance. The reason is the iPod touch. Asked and answered.

By WWDC a 64 gigabyte iPod touch will still carry to high a price tag to roll into the current product line. These expensive devices will not continue to sell well if price-by-gigabyte keeps increasing. No, a $1499 64 gig iPod touch will NOT sell. Not any better than the current $499 iPhone is selling. Also, not well.

WWDC may or may not see a new iPhone. It makes no sense to roll out iPhone 2.0 concept without a "version" 2 piece of hardware as well. Even the most software-dependent device in history has a hard time selling "version 2" when all thats changed is the software.

Likely, we'll see the same device with some new internals. The standard 8 and 16 gigabyte drives with a 3G chipset. Hopefully the headphone jack will be fixed, new higher quality speakers, etc... However, it will look virtually the same. We'll also see the price stay the same. 8 gig $399, 16 gig $499.

iPod touch will go unchanged.

*Unless the rumors of Apple adding premiums to their devices for unlimited music access through iTunes comes to be in the near future, but this adds an entirely new element to the game and is not even comparable to the current business model.

EDIT: P.S. What kind of options are Yes, No, and POSSIBLE? Anythings possible, why include such a useless option? Notice how everyone voted for it? Of course.