Chance of being able to exchange Touch?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by liptonlover, May 25, 2009.

1. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

I woke up today and grabbed my Touch, only to find it has an outdent just in front of the volume controls. It's raised almost as much as the buttons, and it leaves a visible widened crack on the screen border surface. Normally this probably wouldn't be a problem, but I have three problems with it.

1. I have OCD where things feel 'uneven'. This is definitely bothering that.
    2. It could become worse. I'm not sure how it even happened in the first place, it was never touched.
    3. I would love to replace it with the expected new devices in June.

So if it's covered by warranty, does anyone know how likely it is that I can replace it?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It might be the battery, don't charge it or use it. Call Apple.

3. liptonlover thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Have you dropped it? If not, then there is no reason for it to be expanding, unless the battery is expanding.

5. liptonlover thread starter macrumors 6502a

It may have dropped... it was 'exactly' where I left it, but I may have put it back in my sleep. Anyways though, could you please explain why the battery would expand for no reason? I've never heard of that happening before.

Thanks, Nate

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Batteries can be faulty, and sometimes when they fail, they expand, eventually exploding.

I'm sure there is a more technical reason why they actually expand, but I don't want to research it.

7. liptonlover thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, thanks. Am I potentially in danger then if I'm still using it?

8. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

If it is in fact the battery.

9. liptonlover thread starter macrumors 6502a