Chance of early delivery?

SaltedV8

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
USA
I got a delivery date of 11/17-11/24 after placing my order around 12:08 or so. What do you think the chances of getting it in launch day are? I know several people have said that apple tends to deliver early but do you have any opinions?

SR42

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Im hoping the same so I don't need to wait on line next week. I also have 2-3 week shipping estimate. My card was charged in full though so no idea what that means.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
not necessarily sure about launch day but when i pre-ordered my iP6, i was a little late and it was pushed back 2-3 weeks. i ended up getting in the Monday after the Friday release so wasn't so bad. could happen but no one will know until you get a shipping notification.

az431

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Portland, OR
My experience has been that Apple is extremely conservative when quoting shipping dates. I've never had something arrive late, and in most cases a few days early. When I bought the first Apple Watch it arrived on launch date even though it showed a week after when I placed the order.

SR42

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
My jet black 7 plus last year said 2-3 weeks as well, but I got it 8 days after release.

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
My experience has been that Apple is extremely conservative when quoting shipping dates. I've never had something arrive late, and in most cases a few days early. When I bought the first Apple Watch it arrived on launch date even though it showed a week after when I placed the order.
I still have a little hope because of this. I barely missed the Nov 3rd date to. We should also take into account that some people may cancel their order/reservation which could open up some stock. At this point I'll just keep tracking. The current status of my 2 orders is 'Order In Progress'.

TrueBlou

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
I think the X supplies could be a bit more constrained than other iPhone launches, for a few weeks anyway. But Apple have proven pretty good at getting stock into consumers hands in the past.

I’d say keep checking your local stores, maybe setup an alert with stock Informer for local and online stock.

My iPhone 7+ JB last year was proving hard to get but thanks to stock Informer I snagged one pretty soon after launch at my local store. Even the staff seemed pretty surprised that they had a delivery of them at that point.

My 6+, ordered via the Apple website was a week earlier than scheduled too.

So you never know you might get lucky. Keep your pre-orders, but keep checking around, it can be worth it.