Chance of early shipping from Applestore?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by oRBIT2002, Mar 29, 2011.

1. oRBIT2002 macrumors member

I bought an iPad2 from AppleStore yesterday. Estimated shippingdate is 25:th of april(!). Inpatient as I am with these kind of new stuff I'm going crazy.. :) So I'm just curious, what's your experience with buying an iPad2 from Applestore? Is the estimated shippingdate correct? Did you recieve your stuff sooner/later than expected?
    Thanks

2. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

I ordered mine on March 11th with and estimated shipping date of April 1st and delivery date of April 6th. It shipped last week and it is on a FedEx truck for delivery today.

3. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

I ordered March 16 with estimated ship of April 20, that was a 5 week window. Now that it's 3-4 weeks, I called and an Apple rep told me to expect it to ship early by at least a week and that all orders are filled in the order they were received. Plus, the backlog is starting to clear out as on the shipping notice thread I see people with March 12 orders tracking their shipments. It's looking a lot better now than it did a couple weeks ago!

4. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

I have an estimated shipping date of April 11th and delivery on the 14th. I'm hoping it ships sometime next week. We'll see...

5. gg1965 macrumors newbie

Check out the sticky thread "Received your Ipad 2 Shipment notification - Post here"

I would like to start seeing some people that ordered on the 12th and 13th posting that they have received their shipment notifications, maybe I will feel like Apple has finally made it through the massive pile of orders from launch.

There are a number of people in that thread that had an estimated ship date of April, 1 who have already been shipped. So, there is hope that yours will ship 5 or more days early.