Chance of keyboard update?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ManuelGnR, Oct 25, 2009.

1. ManuelGnR macrumors regular

Don't know much about keyboard updates and rumors so that's why I'm asking. Is there any chance the Apple (wireless) keyboard will be updated before 2010?

January 2010 I'll be ordering my new iMac, but I'd really love to see a keyboard that's:

- Wireless
    - With numpad
    - With Backlit

Seems like a pretty usefull and easy to make thing. Could they make it? Guess I know the answer already though, sadly..

Please, Apple, just for me? :rolleyes::D

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Nope, would have seen it earlier. Wouldn't make sense given that the iMac's just got updated.

3. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

4. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Thats pretty much what my wishes are too. Ah well, heres to 3 more years. :apple:

5. Kwill macrumors 68000

Kwill

A wireless Apple keyboard already comes with the iMac.

Backlight with ambient light sensors would drain the keyboard battery too quickly; you're better off with a desk lamp. Wide number pad keyboard would be nice (wired version available) but consider it's been missing from the 17" notebook since introduction -- Apple seems to have an aversion to wasting money on the extra keys -- or more specifically, Jobs doesn't like them because they aren't centered.

6. bbydon macrumors 6502a

It could be possible with the next series of Mac Pro's to get a full wireless keyboard. But i wouldn't count on it.
    There is no chance backlit ambient light will make its way into the apple wireless keyboards.

7. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

8. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

cause the black looks awful.

9. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I think the wireless keyboard was updated. It went from 3 batteries down to 2 or something.