Chance of new Mac Pro with Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Matt342, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Matt342 macrumors regular

Hi!

I've been waiting for some time now for a new mac pro. What's the chance of a new Mac Pro on October 26?

EDIT: Apple got the iMac 2.8ghz processors 2 weeks early. They might get the Penryns early too.

~Matt

2. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

Unlikely. Though I think you can expect an announcement between now and mid november with shipping in mid november.

3. Matt342 thread starter macrumors regular

At least they might consider using the 8800GT then.

4. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

If Apple was going to come out with a new Mac Pro when Leopard ships they would have announced it today with a pre-order.Just makes marketing sense.

5. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

Next Week Might Be When They Tell Us

But remember that rumor Apple plans a bunch of announcements next week?

Perhaps that will be when we hear what's next in hardware . . .

6. Matt342 thread starter macrumors regular

Where did you hear about the announcements? Source please.

7. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

That's the one that I am still desperately clinging too. Not much, I know, but it's sadly about all we've got other than some jive from The Inquirer.

God I wish they would announce it.

8. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

This Apple Insider article on October 4th outlines "significant announcements" slotted for the last full week of October. Obviously, that is more than just the Leopard ship date. Anyway, I think that is also what Multi was referring to.

FWIW, Apple Insider called today's announcement yesterday and were the only ones to do so.

9. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

MacRumors called it 3 days ago.;)

10. Matt342 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. Can't wait! If there are any announcements we'll probably see them this upcoming tuesday.

11. LeKiD macrumors regular

LeKiD

I have to say... many people did call Leopard's date October 26th few days before today's offical annoucments on these forums. I'll keep my eyes open on macrumors for the next ones!

12. chameleon macrumors regular

chameleon

I really hope you're right. I'm in the same boat -- looking to get a Mac Pro, but hoping for a rev before year end.

What makes you think November is the time?

13. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

Multi predicted that date well in September. lol He's on a roll. Let's gooooooooooooo MacPro!

14. LeKiD macrumors regular

LeKiD

Ok well... Multi...What's your official prediction for the mac pro!? At least the month! :)

15. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

Mid November Shipping Is My Best GUESS

I predicted next Friday 6pm last Spring. Thanks for the complements, but it wasn't rocket science. I just went with history to divine the time.

I'm thinking they ship in mid November but we might get the word next week since AppleInsider seems to know they want to tell us "significant" stuff then. Don't really know any more than most here. Whomever may know is sure not going to tell us.

I doubt we'll have to wait 'til January. If we do I'll be extremely surprised.

16. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

I believe it simply comes down to new workstation components comming out at that time and it's after Leopard's release.

17. aLoC macrumors 6502a

Based on the "significant announcements" rumor, it sure seems like Mac Pro updated on Tuesday, but maybe not shipping for a week or two, and only available with Leopard. Maybe a Macbook speedbump at the same time.

No Steve event, just a press release from Phil Schiller.

18. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Sorry, I meant that Apple would officially go public with their plans on Tuesday (yesterday). I guess I wasn't clear. Predicting that Leopard would launch on the last Friday of October has been pretty prevalent since the first week of October. The wild card there seemed to be whether Apple would have the software ready to deliver on their planned Oct. 26th target date. We now know the answer to that.

19. statikcat macrumors 6502

statikcat

If nothing until Macworld you won't hear anything until the day of Macworld ;)

20. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

Kinda makes sense. You would think Apple would want people to see how good Leopard really is on an all 8-Core MacPro line-up. That and a good refresh on all their products before the Holidays. I'm sure Apple has some newer stuff to show of at MacWorld 08.

21. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Unless these Mac Pros are redesigned. The current case was designed for the flame-throwing G5s, and these Penryns should throw off a lot less heat than either the G5s or the current Intels.