Chances of a glossy ACD

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jwt, Sep 12, 2007.

1. jwt macrumors 6502

After seeing the new 24" iMac next to an ACD, the ACD looks so washed out. I'm not ready to purchase a new computer, though, but I would like a larger display. So what do you think the chances are that we see an iMac-like Cinema Display in the foreseeable future?

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

OMG, you want the ACDs to go glossy? Survey says NO.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Extremely unlikely I would think. The core market for these displays isn't favourably inclined towards glossy displays as used on the iMacs and MacBooks.

All the semi high-end CRT monitors I've used have had considerable anti-glare coatings and what-not to reduce glare. I use a display hood on my CRT at work to keep the ambient light levels down and have taken as much care as I can to not have any reflections showing; it really can fatigue you after a long day of CS3 and Quark wrangling when you've got bright spots here and there.

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX9900/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

As much as I would hate for that to happen, I have a feeling that this is very possible.

5. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Not if Apple still is interested in having some of the professional printing/design/editing market, that's for sure!

It would be interesting if they introduced it as an option...

Having said that, the Apple Cinema Displays are not really considered to be a consumer product by any means.