Chances of a new keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by VPrime, May 6, 2010.

1. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

Was thinking of changing my keyboard out (Logitech G19) for an apple keyboard with numpad.. But the current apple keyboards are 3 years old in design.
    Any one think there may be a new keyboard this year? (Yes I searched, and the threads were just this same question unanswered).

:)

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What didn't they answer? There were two threads just in the last ten days I participated in.

Apple is the company that does not tell us anything about upcoming products, especially if it is as minor as the keyboard.
    It will stay with us for a while, as they have gone as minimalistic as they can with current affordable technology.

3. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

The perfect keyboard would be one with a trackpad built it. I have a great trackball mouse with buttons to activate expose and "desktop" functions, but I would love an additional keypad for my Mac Pro, for writing Chinese, or just as an alternative for fatigued hands.

4. VPrime thread starter macrumors 68000

VPrime

I actually missed that thread (and a couple others) saw it now. I think I am convinced and will probably pick one up tomorrow.

What I am really hoping for is the same keyboard design they have now.. Except with black illuminated keys, like the macbooks :)

5. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Illuminated keys would rock. Might make it thicker though.

6. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

I'm hoping for the "A" and "L" to be finally switched. *crosses fingers*

7. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

I have the wired keyboard with keypad. I don't see how it could be improved strictly keyboard wise. Black illuminated keys WOULD be *awesome* though.

8. VoR macrumors 6502a

I don't actually like apple's keyboards for typing and general use.
    Saying that, I would like them to release the same small bluetooth keyboard with the trackpad built in - I'd certainly buy one for my htpc if they could keep it sensibly priced and did a good job at power management.

9. VPrime thread starter macrumors 68000

VPrime

I like them, I find the keys very nice and soft. Though it is taking some time to get used to it compared to my G19. The keys are much larger... And the command button is in the proper place (I used the windows button before):D