Chances of a refresh at the SDK event?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dmkemick, Apr 14, 2008.

1. dmkemick macrumors member

My birthday is at the very end of May and I was thinking about picking up an iPod Touch then but I'd hate to get one only to find 3 weeks later there's a version with a higher capacity for less money than what I get.

Right now I'm looking at the 16GB version...

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

well, they won't go to 64 gigs yet,

I suppose they might drop the 8 gig model and then have a $50 price drop on the 16 and 32.

I'd wait the three weeks. Odds are you are going to have to pay for the software update when it comes out otherwise.

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

4. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

WWDC I presume is what the OP means

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

Well, if you're talking about WWDC, there's probably zero chance of an update for that date. Seriously, just read around and you will find that iPods (some refuse to believe that the iPod touch is actually an iPod...) get updated around September. WWDC has always been an event for developers, and consumer products like iPods don't have anything to do with it. They'll talk about the software for development purposes, but they won't throw more hardware additions in at that point. Wait until September if you must have the latest and greatest.

6. samwich macrumors regular

Although you have to remember that one of the main focuses at this years WWDC is the addition of iPod software/release of firmware 2.0. So it may not be like previous years, where there was no such thing as developing for the iPod.

7. dmkemick thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help everyone. I didn't mean to cause confusion when I mentioned the "SDK event," I just had assumed that there would be something around the time the iPhone 2.0 update goes live.

I suppose if nothing else that's reason enough to go ahead and wait.