Chances of finding a 6+ at a store tomorrow without pre-order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by G-Ziss, Sep 18, 2014.

1. G-Ziss macrumors regular

I have a T-Mobile store, a Best Buy, and a couple of Radio Shacks nearby. What are the chances I could walk in when they open and still manage to get one? Is it even worth trying?

2. Izauze macrumors 6502

Zero.

You will not be able to just walk in anywhere and get it. You will need to wait in line.

3. mantan macrumors 68000

very low.

Drop shipments will be coming every day, so if your patient you can probably score one next week when the lines/crowds/buzz dies down.

4. OceanMindedBoy macrumors regular

OceanMindedBoy

Out of those three POSSIBLY the tmobile store will carry a few. You will have to be one of the first ones in line. That's for sure. Is it worth trying? It depends how much you want the phone on release day.

5. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

6. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Slim to none. Australia has already confirmed that the shortage is huge. They must have had some serious production issues. Unless you can count the number in line you are on one hand, you likely aren't getting one.

7. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

This might actually be the smartest thing to do if you're not dead set on getting the phone tomorrow. I'd even stop by in the afternoon and see if they get a shipment in. Or be first in line on Saturday morning.

8. G-Ziss thread starter macrumors regular

What about a Costco? Apparently there is one near me that is listed on T-Mobile's web site that sells their phones.

9. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

Found them all on the front page. :cool:

10. G-Ziss thread starter macrumors regular

Well, just called my local T-Mobile store and they said it's a 6 week wait. Looks like I won't be getting one any time soon!

11. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Do you have any idea when the drop shipments will be coming? Maybe later in the day on Friday or Saturday?

For pre-order?

12. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Tmobile is getting a shipment tomorrow from what it sounds like, not overnight. Costco is giving no indication of any pluses.

13. mantan macrumors 68000

Depends on the store. But in previous launches a lot of stores would get delivery in the morning and afternoon. And Apple stores normally had new inventory each day. I think it'll be tough to score one over the weekend.

But in previous launches the lines seemed shorter the next week. I remember trying to score an iPad for my wife's birthday the week after a launch. (forget which model.) I went by the Apple store the next week at opening and there was a short line and they were upfront with what inventory they had for the day. I got it by midweek....

But if availability is as limited as the 'gold' model last year....it could be awhile.

14. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Nice! that sounds like an option.

I'm thinking of pre-ordering a Space Gray 64GB 6 Plus, do you think i'm more likely to get it earlier as a drop shipment in my local Apple Store or a pre-order? (says 3-4 weeks shipping now)

15. Hey Now macrumors member

After today's reports of 6+ availability, I'm abandoning hope, getting drunk and resolving to get one in a month after the frenzy cools off.

16. nyfliiboy macrumors regular

Simple answer. There's no hope and there will be a lot of angry people that wasted time waiting in line tomorrow.