Chances [of getting a replacement on iOS 6]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nhlfreak98, Feb 16, 2014.

1. nhlfreak98, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014

nhlfreak98 macrumors 6502

What are my chances of getting my iphone 5 16gb Tmobile replaced at the apple store and getting a replacement on iOS 6

2. cammyg123 macrumors regular

cammyg123

Hmm. I'd say they'd probably put iOS 7 on all their in stock products, a lot of iOS 6 products halved been washed out of retailers.

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Just a suggestion...you might want to make your title a bit more specific...it makes it easier for folks to know whether they have anything to offer or not.:D

You also have not made clear why the store would replace your iPhone 5. Is there something wrong with it?

4. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes there is. I don't have to make it clear that something is wrong with it I was asking about my chances of getting a replacement on a different firmware.

5. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

The same chance as you landing on the moon.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

There is a chance...chances are it's not a very good chance though at this point.

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

There are two factors involved.

1. Carrier
    2. Size

If your carrier is Sprint then you have a semi-decent chance. However, if your iPhone is a 16 or 32GB model you can probably forget it.

The 16 and 32GB models are the most popular and sell the fastest. Hence they do not sit on the shelves for long, either new or in the white replacement boxes. 64GB models on the other hand move much slower.

I got a new iPhone 5 for my wife in September 2013. We're on Sprint and I got her the 64GB model. Because of those two factors she got an iPhone with iOS 6.0.4. Granted, iOS 7 wasn't out then but I was hoping to avoid iOS 6.1.3 which at the time was not jailbreakable.

Lastly, the model you mention is the 5. Since Apple discontinued the 5 you may have a better chance at iOS 6. I don't know what Apple's install policy for iOS on discontinued iPhones is but I can't see them making a large effort to make sure iOS 7 gets installed on devices now intended to be solely for replacement.

I don't know anything about the way it works if you just send your phone in to Apple. That's a gamble. Also, carrier stores are far more likely to replace your phone with one that has iOS 7.

So, since you've not given any details only you can estimate your chances knowing the above.

8. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I got one a couple of months back from Regent Street, a very busy store, for a 32GB model which was running iOS 6. I'd say the chances are actually quite good.

9. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have a 16gb tmobile one so I'm not sure

10. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

You have no chance of it happening on here.
    If your iPhone has an issue take it to the Apple store and have it replaced.
    If it doesn't have an issue and you just want iOS 6 deal with it.

11. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I don't know depends what's in the back room but all the new ones have iOS 7

12. BeeJee macrumors 6502

I would be SUPER surprised to see a replacement phone have ios6 on it. Especially since it has been out for around 5 months? Long time in the tech world.

13. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

I would assume 50% because it would either have ios6 or ios7.

14. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Your reply here is very evasive. If you want help, you have to help us.

And please, use a title that means something.

15. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Well if that is going to be your attitude, I would suggest everyone respond in kind.

I don't have to give you a clear answer to your question.

My answer is: "Mayhaps".

16. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

haha...winner winner chicken dinner.