Chances of iphone 5 early next year

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RyCan3, Oct 4, 2011.

1. RyCan3 macrumors 6502

RyCan3

So as it looks, Apple will only release an iPhone 4s today. So I'm wondering who thinks there is a possibility that Apple releases the teardrop iPhone 5 early next year. I highly doubt this happens. But what if people upgrade now thinking that they have another year to get the iPhone 5 but then Apple releases it early and those who upgrade now, can't get it. I don't know what to do lol. But I guess we will see what happens.

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

It doesn't look any particular way. Wait two hours and ask again.

3. RyCan3 thread starter macrumors 6502

RyCan3

4. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Me personally? No way Apple will release another iPhone a few months after this one. Zero Chance...

Bryan

5. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

If in-fact Apple only releases a 4s today, the rumors regarding a "5" coming shortly next year will come fast and furious. I suggest not waiting unless you really can.

For all we know, the next time they will release another iPhone will be October 2012.

The same thing happened with iPad recently. All of the (baseless) rumors of an iPad 3 this holiday season have kept a lot of folks from purchasing the current model. They are going to be severely disappointed when today passes and no new model has been announced.

6. chandler99 macrumors regular

if thats true i think there would be an uproar. Apple cant afford to wait this long for a small speed increase.

7. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Many people are going to be upset when all that's released is a 4S. The iPhone 5 and all the rumors associated with it will end up being released late 2nd QT early 3rd QT of 2012.

In fact, I'll be really shocked if they unveil a completely redesigned iPhone 5 today for the mere fact that they kept it so secret for so long.

8. Virance macrumors regular

I would expect the next generation to come out 8-10 months from now (if they want to move the schedule back to the Summer) - or a full year after the 4s launches if they moved to a fall schedule for a real reason.

The iPad 3 is going to annoy enough customers, who will be able to just upgrade at their expected upgrade price. With a phone, that's not an option for most people - releasing a new phone within 6 months of the last generation would be a surefire way to annoy a lot of customers.

Yes, other companies do it. Yes, other companies have very different business models.

9. -Ozzy- macrumors member

Apple has won. It's unbelievable that to this day, within HOURS of the annoucement, with the internet as our tool to find out any leaks, rumors, ANYTHING; we still don't know if there will be an iphone 5. Isn't this Apple's goal? they have succeded at keeping everybody at their seats edges, and creating a meadia frenzy that only Apple could create.

They've done it, they've won, even before the keynote, they've wowed me, and i'm sure i'll be even more wowed after 1:00 ET today.

Geniuses.

10. Virance macrumors regular

Except that they totally can, because they are Apple. Regardless of what they announce today, they are going to have zero issues with sales this generation. Many people may go the "fffuuuu, this is going to be my last iPhone - they are falling too far behind," - but we all know that when the "magic" iPhone 5 comes out that they'll forget all about the 4s.

Personally, I think a huge speed boost - more memory - and the assistant feature make for an excellent new phone. I wish they would have stuck with the 3G form factor though - it's so much nicer in the hand than the 4.

11. auxsend macrumors regular

Totally agree. It's gonna be a weak update, and amount to Droid Fuel.

12. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

13. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Unless that URL begins with apple.com it's factually incorrect at this point.

14. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

I don't see them continuing with the whole early and late year release of iPhones. They obviously needed more time for whatever they plan to announce today and it's going to stay this way with iPhones being released in the fall unless they can push a new model out by next summer. But no, I'm not expecting a phone this month and another one before July 2012.

15. RyCan3 thread starter macrumors 6502

RyCan3

yea i agree but i just found it interesting...

16. ryuok macrumors regular

Agree. I will be wowed too by their voice assistant (revolutionary!) and whatever powerful feature in iOS that will be powered by the A5 chip. The iPhone 4S will change things forever, again.

17. darngooddesign macrumors G3

If you agree why did you say "looks like it's true"?

----------

I fixed it for you.

18. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

So you find something interesting and it become very likely or fact? That is pretty interesting....

19. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

No chance of iPhone 5 in early 2012. None.

The earliest you will see a sixth generation iPhone is summer of 2012. That is a possibility if all we get today is the 4S.

20. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Which is the fifth iPhone.

21. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

There is less than 1% chance they announce a new model today and another one in any short time frame. The only caveat is that they announce a second model as a Sprint exclusive, (as was rumored yesterday) then it will come to the other carriers before too long.

Other than that, not a chance.

22. MacGeekAZ macrumors member

But this is what they are doing, if you're a Verizon customer. I got my Verizon iPhone 4 when it launched, just shy of 6 months ago. Now they are (apparently) launching a new iPhone. All of us with Verizon iPhones are ineligible for upgrades until next fall at the earliest.

Wendi

23. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I don't see why would Apple do that! More time for them to get the iPhone 5 perfect? NO hell nah!

24. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Hopefully its not "Let talk iPhone"....

Like lets talk the FUTURE of iPhone.

Oh, and by the way. Heres the 4S to tie you over till we come out with or "perfect" the iPhone 5..............Next Year.