Chances of iPod nano 7th gen getting a visual software update

Discussion in 'iPod' started by myrtlebee, Jan 11, 2014.

1. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

I just bought an iPod nano 7th gen and it's a convenient little device and does what it's supposed to do great (perhaps longer battery life would be nice), however it has many iOS 6 design elements, most notably in menus and in the music app. What are the chances of it getting a software update to bring the visual aesthetics closer to iOS 7 as far as menus, the music app, etc? I'm guessing slim to none because Apple is probably dedicating all of its resources to iOS 7 fixes and future OS's and products. Has any other iPod nano received aesthetic changes in a software update in the past?

2. deluxeshredder macrumors 6502a

Why would anyone want some more iOS 7-style eyesore?

3. myrtlebee thread starter macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

It's more of a question about product consistency, not personal taste. I think it looks fine the way it is, but I am curious as to why Apple wouldn't want consistency across its product lines.

4. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

I think that if apple released an update to make it look like ios7, they would keep the home screens with the round circle apps but maybe change the music app's menu and stuff but I think the likelyness has gone down since ios7 has been out for 4+ months now-they probably would have released it around the same time as the new iPhones/iPads.

Like you asked before, the iPod nano 6th had a design change. It had a lot of changes in the apps that were on it but it had the same functions and still looked like ios6

5. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I don't see Apple releasing an update that you want. I love my 7th gen the way it is now so I'm happy :D

6. myrtlebee thread starter macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

I never said I wanted it. I'm curious as to whether they would do it for consistency's sake.

7. Bear macrumors G3

I suspect any change will be with the next generation of the iPod nano. They won't update the 7th gen model unless a major bug is found.

8. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

The previous Nano had its UI update to make it easier to use, but I don't think we'll see anything else for the current Nano now. It just got a few bug fixes the other month which pretty much indicates it's EOL.

If we do, it'll be in September.