Chances of locking a front page discussion thread?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by AppleMatt, Aug 8, 2009.

1. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

I know it's controversial, but I'm a controversial kind of guy. Lets lock a front-page news item thread.

The 10.5.8 update discussion left 10.5.8 many, many pages ago. I've repeatedly called out the main offender. To be fair to him though, a lot of people have taken the bait and argued it out which is just fueling the fire.

Now people have started the insult dropping. That should be good enough to kill it now, right? Right?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=760035&page=23

I just want to ask about a 10.5.8 problem I'm having, but as many others in the thread have noted, that's a pointless endeavor.

AppleMatt

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I would say that it would not get locked, just because someone is engaged in a fight, funny how it is not me, does not mean that it cannot be useful. The main page threads usually solicit numerous discussions that come and go in phases within each thread.

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I rarely get involved in front page discussions, because it's rarely a discussion and there's just too many posts in them. I get uninterested after a thread has 50 posts, if even that because it's just too hard to follow. I don't see much point in locking the thread, but I also don't see a point in reading it. If you have a specific question, I suggest creating a new thread.

4. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

I must be immune to what constitutes a fight anymore. There are a lot of words being exchanged in that thread but to me it seems more of a mild disagreement. Then again, most of those comments lost me after the fourth paragraph. They're writing more in that thread than some grad students write for a grade. :)