Chances of picking up an iPhone 6s on 25th without pre-ordering

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by infanthercules, Sep 11, 2015.

1. infanthercules macrumors newbie

infanthercules

What do you guys think my chances are of picking up an iPhone 6s on release day, or a few days after, without pre-ordering it?

2. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

You have a chance on release day if you're prepared to get in line early and wait. There's always a good chance you won't get the exact model you want though, and end up settling for something different because you waited in line for so long. But there's nothing quite like a launch day experience and everyone should do it at least once. You'll meet a lot of really amazing people who live and breathe all things Apple.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Apple would have to have a heck of a glut of supply for them to be that easy to get. History says that will not happen.

4. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

I've not once had an issue getting the exact model I wanted on launch day. Then again I stand in line about 8 hours or so each time.. Heh.

5. koulmj macrumors 6502

for people who have tried before, will Verizon retail stores ever get a first day shipment of iPhones?

6. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

They have phones the first day every single year.. Some smaller stores out in the boonies might not, but certainly every store in a major city and most stores in well populated cities will have phones at launch. Maybe not very many, but they always have at least some.

7. koulmj macrumors 6502

I guess I should just go in an ask, I live right off the KSU campus, 40,000 people in town, we have a Best Buy and a Bed Bath and Beyond, but not a Apple Store and a Macy's...It's not like living in Denver by any means.

8. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I'm planing on trying to get mine on launch day as I'm not going to be able to pre order (vacation). Internet unreliable here. I'm working a night shift the night before so I plan on heading straight over to the Apple Store when I've finished I'll get to the store about 1.30 hours before it opens. It's in a massive shopping mall so people can't really camp outside the store as the centre closes over night. So I'm hoping that that will go in my favour. I'll also check in with my Carrier the day before and see if they are excepting to get any stock in and call them at 9 am launch day (as I want to stay in the apple line) and see if they have any of the model I want in stock and if they do I'll ask them to hold it for me and go over there. That's my plan anyway. I hope it works out. I'll take the 6S plus in any colour but I need 128GB.

9. infanthercules thread starter macrumors newbie

infanthercules

I'm away on the day also but the nearest Apple Store to me is over an hour away which is a problem due to the fact i work 8-4 weekdays.

10. koulmj macrumors 6502

I would drive to KC, to pre-order, but does that Mean I have to go pick it up there from an apple store? Can they ship to a mail/po box? Anyone tried that?