Chances of Screen Problems with the iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by I AM THE MAN, May 31, 2011.

1. I AM THE MAN macrumors 6502

Hey everyone. What do you think are the chances of anyone purchasing an iMac online and ending up with a defective model (i.e. screen issues, etc).

Thanks for your inputs.

2. wxman2003 Suspended

If you really look for a flaw, then there is a 100% chance you will find one. I have a slight yellow tint, but did not know I did, until I read one of the threads about yellow screen tint.

3. Dresevski macrumors 6502

I didn't do the test for a long time for fear that I'd find that I too had the yellowing...turns out I do, but it's slight. So I just tilt the screen back a little and WE GOOD! Don't look for flaws and you'll own a perfect machine

4. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

they are all flawed one way or another, no such thing as a perfect display buddy. thats reality, if someone tells u they got a perfect display, its perfect in THEIR eyes :D;)

just get one and enjoy it man, its the best computer u can buy hands down

5. zerocustom1989 macrumors regular

too high.

I go to http://teamfortress.com/ , scroll down and still see that the site has a gradient for a background. The color checker says it's all the same hex though. woopie!

6. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

To be honest...By this day an age you'd think manufactures would have solved these problems but every LCD has something wrong with it. Either backlight bleeding or some kind of tint or some kind of dead pixel. A yellow tint is the least of your worries though. I doubt you'd ever notice it. In most cases people dont.

7. I AM THE MAN thread starter macrumors 6502

8. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

All of the iMacs have yellow tint. Some more than others. This is a certainty. You either return and replace with another defective monitor or you get a refund. Apple has not bothered to address this yellow tint issue as they cant. Its inherent to the illumination method employed. See the iMac patent for the language Apple uses when it discusses the color inconsistency with the tiling mehtod of backlight illumination. So, you either live with some yellow or buy another computer.

9. leman macrumors 604

My new 2011 27" i7 iMac is perfect - uniform screen with no discoloration, no buzzing, hdd is barely audible. Very satisfied with the purchase!

P.S. My panel model code is A007... appears new (I haven't found any references to this particular model yet)