Chances of stores carrying 2010 MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ChitoCrisis, Feb 21, 2011.

1. ChitoCrisis macrumors member

I'm asking when all the 2010 MBPs are gonna be completely gone from stores? When will they all be replaced with the new MBPs?

And do you guys think the black MBP is legit? It would be pretty sweet.

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

The leftovers will go to the refurb store.

As for the redesign, don't get your hopes up.

3. foe84 macrumors newbie

If that happens would there be any way to know you would be getting a new 2010 model, rather than used?

I want cddrive and like the current design over the thinner look, so I might go this route. There will be bugs in the new models, though I hope not.

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

You have 14 days to return, so no need to worry so much.

Optical drive will most likely stay in 15 inch and 17 inch. I don't know about 13 inch.

Don't get your hopes up for apple selling new models as refurbished. I have never seen that before. They might sell it as a clearance.

5. foe84 macrumors newbie

Clearance is fine..I just don't wana buy a leftover 2010 model to find out that it is previously returned/used. All I want is i3 and better battery, though anything is better than the 2-3 I get from my current hp.

6. lewdvig macrumors 65816

I think a darker grey is more likely. But who knows.

Black = Thinkpad and cheap laptops.

7. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

Microcenter was still selling new 2009 MacBook Pros in August and September 2010. They had great discounts on the 17" C2D for about $700 off for a brand new, one year old model.

I would assume that some retailers and online stores will have the old stock for quite awhile but Apple Retail will get rid of them fast.

Last month I saw MacMall selling a brand new 2009 Mac Pro 2.93 Ghz Quad-Core, 1 TB HD, 6GB Ram, and high-end ATI Graphics card for $2049.

The same day, Apple Online Store was selling the same computer 2009 2.93Ghz Quad-Core refurbed, with 1/2 the Ram (3GB), 640GB HD, and crappy video card for $2749.

In the past, people could usually get a 10% discount on the current/old model the day the brand new model is released.

My guess is that you will get a much better discount on last years models at a 3rd party retailer.

8. vectus macrumors member

When they are no longer in the store.

9. Blue Sun macrumors 6502a

No 13" MBP's in Melbourne, Australia.

There may be 1 or 2 floating around somewhere, but they've pretty much dried up.