Change 2nd "enter" key on PB to a control key?

iWillard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
107
0
Staring at a Mac Screen
Anyway to change the functionality of the 2nd enter key on my PB (right next to the space bar) to being a control button? basically so I can control click with one hand (comfortably)... I searched the forums for it, couldn't find anything...
 

iWillard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
107
0
Staring at a Mac Screen
iWillard said:
Anyway to change the functionality of the 2nd enter key on my PB (right next to the space bar) to being a control button? basically so I can control click with one hand (comfortably)... I searched the forums for it, couldn't find anything...
I'm guessing no? :p
 
Comment

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
5,845
1,799
Western US
Sounds like something that uControl would be able to do. Great little utility, and free. Only problem is, it appears some people are having problems getting it to work with Tiger.
 
Comment

iWillard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
107
0
Staring at a Mac Screen
MoparShaha said:
I've used that tutorial on my 12" PB to change the Enter key to Option. Worked perfectly.
Alright... read through that tutorial... did a spotlight search for the file, doesn't show up... the kext file shows up, but i can't open it... if i put that fil epath in terminal, it says I don't have permission.... don't have much experience in terminal/hacking stuff... anyone who could lead me through it step by step? if not, no big whoop....

:)
 
Comment

MoparShaha

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2003
1,635
25
San Francisco
iWillard said:
Alright... read through that tutorial... did a spotlight search for the file, doesn't show up... the kext file shows up, but i can't open it... if i put that fil epath in terminal, it says I don't have permission.... don't have much experience in terminal/hacking stuff... anyone who could lead me through it step by step? if not, no big whoop....

:)
Drag the file out of the Finder window and place it somewhere as a backup. Then, do the same thing again, only drag the file to your desktop. You now how two backups of the file, but you'll be changing one in a second. Okay, open the file on the desktop in TextEdit. Do the necessary changes and save. Now, drag this file back into the original Finder window with the original file. You'll be asked if you want to replace the existing file, say yes. You'll have to authenticate with your password. You're done.
 
Comment

iWillard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
107
0
Staring at a Mac Screen
MoparShaha said:
Drag the file out of the Finder window and place it somewhere as a backup. Then, do the same thing again, only drag the file to your desktop. You now how two backups of the file, but you'll be changing one in a second. Okay, open the file on the desktop in TextEdit. Do the necessary changes and save. Now, drag this file back into the original Finder window with the original file. You'll be asked if you want to replace the existing file, say yes. You'll have to authenticate with your password. You're done.
alrighty, that makes sense to me, but Textedit will not open the AppleADBKeyboard.kext file.... do I have to change the extension?
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.