Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sean000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
I wear my watch to bed so the haptics wake me up without disturbing my wife (I also use the watch for sleep tracking). In Watch OS 3 you could choose how long to snooze. I no longer see any options. OS 4 appears to have only one fixed snooze (9 minutes).

In Watch OS3 you could tap Snooze and then select a duration of the snooze (I think the options were 5 minutes, 10, 15, 30, 45, and 60 minutes). Now when you tap snooze it just sets it to 9 minutes, which I discovered Apple chose so they could pay homage to old mechanical clocks that had 9 minute snoozes. How quaint, but I'd rather have a full 10 minute snooze AND have the option to snooze longer. Please don't judge me. I know snoozing alarms isn't healthy, but sometimes you just gotta. :oops:

I dove into the settings on both the watch and on the iPhone Watch app, but I can't find anything that would indicate this is an option I have any control over. Am I missing something?

Sean

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.