Resolved Change an existing order to Personal Pickup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KingArthurVI, Oct 31, 2013.

1. KingArthurVI, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013

KingArthurVI macrumors regular

KingArthurVI

As title says, is it possible? I'm currently subscribed to any changes in availability in Apple Stores around my area via apple-tracker.com because I don't wanna wait for 2-3 weeks. And when finally some stores have my model in stock, can I just drop by and tell them to just mark my order as complete online or do I have to cancel and reorder under Personal Pickup?

Thanks!

2. dave420 macrumors 65816

You need to cancel your order to be able to pick up one in the store. Depending on your carrier there may be a delay in restoring your upgrade eligibility. Usually is is a few minutes, but I've read posts saying it took over three days.

3. ctyhntr macrumors 6502

ctyhntr

This is what I had to do, cancel my online order. Call Apple so they can fix my upgrade eligibility, and create a new order for pick-up at the store. Maybe 10 minutes on the phone, and 45 minutes in the store, which is still better than a projected delivery date in the 3rd week of November.

4. Bowsa2511 macrumors regular

Be warned if you cancel an order with AT&T, expect to wait 3 days for the upgrade to be restored and lose out on that phone pickup :(

5. KingArthurVI thread starter macrumors regular

KingArthurVI

Thanks guys for your inputs. Fortunately for me I'm getting a contract-free model :) so now it's just a waiting game for the model I want to appear as available for pickup... :cool: