Change Application Icons (iChat)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by geedevalois, Feb 10, 2008.

1. geedevalois macrumors newbie

I created a set of Feist icons for my computer as I enjoy creating icons. I set all the icons for the applications in my dock including iChat. However, when iChat is not selected and I receive a message the icon changes to the original iChat bubble with a "1" or whatever number depending on the number of messages I have received. I would like to be able to edit this away so that it may fit in with my Feist icons.

The only trouble is that I cannot locate the file and therefore cannot customise to my liking.

If you can help me, it is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. .adam macrumors regular

Right-click on iChat.app, select "Show Package Contents" then go to "Resources" - should be in there?

3. geedevalois thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that but could not find the right file? It should be there but I must look harder.

4. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

This is what you are looking for. Though, you can simply select "get info" and copy paste an icon.

Attached Files:

5. geedevalois thread starter macrumors newbie

I found this icon... it is already changed.

I am trying to see if there is a way to keep the Feist icon changing back to the default iChat one when I receive a new message. My mail icon is working fine, but for some reason the iChat does not.

6. Coletrain17 macrumors member

Bump? Can anyone help out? I have the same problem. The dock icon changes when badges pop up. Where can we find the like "Alert.png" to change that too?