Change background to Textured NSWindow?

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Danneman101, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Danneman101 macrumors 6502

I've decided to go with the textured NSWindow simply because it looks so good for my intended app.

However, the default metalic-looking texture seems to be non-editable, and all edits you can do to the window seems to be to change its backgroundcolor.

This would be ok if the backgroundcolor did have the same shadow-effects as the default texture, but it doesnt and looks plain and boring.

I've been thinking about workarounds, like making a whole new custom view, but before getting to that, is there anything I'm missing as to how to customize the background of a textured window? Is there a simpler way to get that same look but with another color, or is there a way to actually set the background texture?

2. Blakeasd macrumors 6502a

Try this:
    Code:
    - (void)awakeFromNib
    {
    myImage = [[NSImage alloc] init]

[self setNeedsDisplay:YES];
    }

- (void)drawRect:(NSRect)rect
    {
    NSSize isize = [myImage size];
    [myImage drawInRect:[self bounds] fromRect:NSMakeRect(0.0, 0.0,
    isize.width, isize.height) operation: NSCompositeCopy fraction:1.0];
    }

3. Danneman101 thread starter macrumors 6502

I keep getting this type of error:

Code:
    incompatible type for argument 1 of 'drawInRect:fromRect:operation:fraction:

..for the line..

Code:
    [img drawInRect:[self bounds] fromRect:NSMakeRect(0.0, 0.0, isize.width, isize.height) operation: NSCompositeCopy fraction:1.0];

4. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

Actually, setting the backgroundColor should do what you want. Are you sure you used it correctly?

5. chown33 macrumors 604

What type is self?

That is, what is the type of the class this code is in? Is it a view with a bounds method?