Change battery threshold

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nrkid9, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Nrkid9 macrumors newbie

Hey there, I know this has probably been asked already but after some thorough searching, I can't seem to find an app or setting that changes the battery charging threshold limit. I find it strange that it has not been developed yet by both the community and Apple because Lenovo already has this feature and it does a lot to save the battery life.

I'm specifically looking for an app that will allow me to change the charging threshold to 50% and has an override feature if I want it to change even above the set threshold.

Is this possible at all?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What do you mean by "charging threshold"? Why would you even want to do this? Your Mac automatically manages your battery and charging, without any interference by the user or 3rd party apps.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. Nrkid9 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't see how my computer is managing the battery for me. It charges to 100 whenever the battery is under 95%. I personally find this annoying because I don't want to lower the battery life by having it constantly charge on my daily commute between school and home.

4. GGJstudios, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It doesn't lower the battery life and it doesn't charge during your commute. Read the CHARGING section and the WHAT IS A CYCLE? section of the Battery FAQ. Better yet, read all of the FAQ.