Change Bridge CS3 default workspace

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by fourcolourblack, Jun 30, 2008.

1. fourcolourblack macrumors member

Does anyone know how to tell Bridge to keep the palettes at the positions and widths i want every time? Much the same way you open up Photoshop or Illustrator and expect the palettes to be where you left them, i just want the same from Bridge.

Mine seems to have a mind of its own. Most of the time it opens as a window on my mac (see the picture) with the "filter by date modified" option selected.

All i want is for it to open full screen and by "filter by name" instead.

I've tried clicking various alt/:apple: commands and clicking the 1,2, or 3 options but nothing seem to work. anyone figured this out yet?

[​IMG]

2. JasonElise1983 macrumors 6502a

JasonElise1983

have you tried going to Window > Workspace and saving your workspace? I do that in all CS3 apps, because they drive me crazy otherwise. Illustrator ignores it most of the time, actually just on one palette (character palette), but it works everywhere else.

-je

3. fourcolourblack thread starter macrumors member

no luck

i did try that, and it saves it the way i want, but i still can't get it to just launch like that everytime. its only three clicks to get it that way but why won't it just let me override the default or pick one in the prefs?

4. jerryrock macrumors 6502

jerryrock

5. fourcolourblack thread starter macrumors member

now it works

i didn't do the last step there but it seems to have started working today. how random. i'll leave it there for now but i reckon it'll just change back for the sheer hell of it tomorrow.

thanks all