Change color of subscribed ICS calendar?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by vaultwit, Oct 9, 2013.

1. vaultwit macrumors regular

I just added an ICS calendar account to my iPhone calendar and its color is the default purple calendar color. Is there a way to change it to a different color like red, green, blue, etc?

2. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

To change the color go into the calendar app, select the calendar option at the bottom center of the screen. The calendars on there should be displayed. Click the information icon (I within a circle) and you should be able to change color there if this calendar allows it.

3. vaultwit thread starter macrumors regular

But when I added the ICS calendar, my phone automatically merged those events with an existing Calendar on my phone. Now the new events from the ICS and the events I originally had for that calendar show up as that color. If I change the color for that calendar, ALL events (those from ICS and those already there before) change color.

4. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Their merged so that is an end effect. You could copy them, and paste new events and then change the new events to the other calendar in effect having 2 identical events.

From your original post the answer provided was the solution to your question. I am not sure what else you are asking now or trying to accomplish further clarification is needed as your statements are very vague as to what you are trying to accomplish at this stage.

5. vaultwit thread starter macrumors regular

You were right, the option is there in the stock Calendar app. For some reason I didn't see below where you can change the color of subscribed calendars, but I see it now. Thanks!

6. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr