Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dazed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Everytime i insert a blu ray disc in my external samsung blu ray drive it loads Macgos Blu Ray player. How do i stop this ?

I just want it to not load anything.

Thx

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
I don't have an answer for you since I have not been in your position. However, files do have "associations" and you may want to load a disc, cancel out your software (Macgo) then use the "get info" to see which files are associated with Macgo and change them. The question is what app to change them to universally. (I wonder if you could point it to a script that does pretty much nothing.) Alternatively, you might see if Macgo has a process that exists during your start up and cancel it out before loading a disc and see if that works.

Is there anything in the Macgo preferences that lets you choose to not open the disc?

Wish I had better advise but this is where I would start.

dazed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe I will just delete the app and see what that does.

I can't seem to find an uninstall so can I simple just delete the app?

Macgosoftware

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2014
Macgo help

Everytime i insert a blu ray disc in my external samsung blu ray drive it loads Macgos Blu Ray player. How do i stop this ?

I just want it to not load anything.

Thx

Dear Dazed,

Referring to your question, you can un-tick the first item "auto play when you insert Blu ray disc" under Mac Blu-ray player> preference> Behavior if you want to cancel auto play.

Wish it can help you.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
OP:

I suggest you try the "RCDefaultApp" preference pane.

It can be found here:
http://www.rubicode.com/Software/RCDefaultApp/

It's working fine with 10.8.5, not sure if it will work with Mavericks or Yosemite, but worth a try.

On my Mac Mini (with an external Samsung BluRay reader/burner attached), RCDefaultApp "sees" the BD drive and includes it in its list of options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.