change default app for blu ray disc

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dazed, Nov 23, 2014.

1. dazed macrumors 6502a

Everytime i insert a blu ray disc in my external samsung blu ray drive it loads Macgos Blu Ray player. How do i stop this ?

I just want it to not load anything.

Thx

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Unfortunately, Blu-rays aren't covered under "video DVD"; Macgo still opens when that is set to Ignore.

3. phrehdd macrumors 68040

phrehdd

I don't have an answer for you since I have not been in your position. However, files do have "associations" and you may want to load a disc, cancel out your software (Macgo) then use the "get info" to see which files are associated with Macgo and change them. The question is what app to change them to universally. (I wonder if you could point it to a script that does pretty much nothing.) Alternatively, you might see if Macgo has a process that exists during your start up and cancel it out before loading a disc and see if that works.

Is there anything in the Macgo preferences that lets you choose to not open the disc?

Wish I had better advise but this is where I would start.

4. dazed thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maybe I will just delete the app and see what that does.

I can't seem to find an uninstall so can I simple just delete the app?

5. Macgosoftware macrumors newbie

Macgo help

Dear Dazed,

Referring to your question, you can un-tick the first item "auto play when you insert Blu ray disc" under Mac Blu-ray player> preference> Behavior if you want to cancel auto play.

Wish it can help you.

6. Fishrrman macrumors G4

OP:

I suggest you try the "RCDefaultApp" preference pane.

It can be found here:
    http://www.rubicode.com/Software/RCDefaultApp/

It's working fine with 10.8.5, not sure if it will work with Mavericks or Yosemite, but worth a try.

On my Mac Mini (with an external Samsung BluRay reader/burner attached), RCDefaultApp "sees" the BD drive and includes it in its list of options.

7. lht0747 macrumors newbie

lht0747