Change Displayed Bitrate in iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stevebuk, Dec 27, 2009.

1. stevebuk macrumors newbie

Hi all

I've managed somehow to change the displayed bitrate of songs I've purchased off the iTS, simply by removing the contact details with a hex editor, and it's really bugging me that there doesn't seem to be any way to change it back!

Normally, iTS purchases appear as 256kbps, which is the standard I use (I don't have VBR checked for iTunes plus, as it appears '256kbps (VBR)' whilst songs purchased from iTunes do not, and I like 100% consistency in appearance) - however, now I am getting the true bitrate on songs I've purchased and altered, such as 264kbps, or 281kbps, anywhere from 256kbps to 290kbps.

How can I change the appearance of these files so iTunes displays them as 256kbps again? I've tried AtomicParsley, but it doesn't seem to have a bitrate option, and I definitely do not want to burn them to CD and rip them back!

I know this will sound like an incredibly anal request, but as I said, I like 100% consistency!

Thanks guys!

2. Ace 7 macrumors member

Ace 7

I actually have the same problem on some of my songs and would be interested in how to fix it. Beyond anal, I know. :D