Change dock color on ML?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rivryan, Jul 29, 2012.

1. rivryan macrumors member

Best way to do this? Coming from a PC and would like to see SOME customizations lol.

What other mods do you use? Post up a screen shot? thanks!

2. specik macrumors 6502

specik

In previous versions of Mac OS X, CandyBar allowed you to customize the icons and the dock. However, it is not yet compatible with Mountain Lion. Hopefully it'll be updated soon.

I use the Obsidian menu bar modification from Max Themes, which turns your menu bar black. They also have a 2D etched dock mod available now.

I attached a screen shot of my current desktop so you can see the menu bar in action. It blends in well with the black bezel of the display:

http://cl.ly/IPTS

3. mmduluth macrumors regular

So how do you go about changing back to stock from the black menu bar?

4. specik macrumors 6502

specik

The disk image you download includes an installer that makes it black ,and also one that reverts it back.

5. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

Actually, the current build of CandyBar has been updated for ML:

From the release notes:

6. bambamyi macrumors newbie

bambamyi

Dock still does not work

Candybar is updated and system icon change works fine in ML but dock is still broken in ML.

Actually half broken because parts of the dock updates but the background images does not update.

7. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Ya know, I am Mr. Modd, but I have left my Mac pretty much the way it came. The ML doc is a cool marbled hue, I don't think I can do better!

My 0.02. :)

8. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

The reason I don't customize Apple software is because Apple has some of the best designers in the world and I couldn't customize it without making it look worse.

On the other hand, I immediately customized the hell out of Windows 8.

9. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

They still need some help. I customize whenever I need. Photoshop, CandyBar, Themepark and hex editor as main tools. Make copy's of the original images;)
    There are some desktops that are stunning OS X mods. Better than Apple by far. Of course it is subjective. A Black dock is very nice to toggle to for added contrast sometimes. Also black menubar and a little DragThing and Path Finder and you pretty much fix what Apple wont.