Change dock stacks icons?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by GodofDeath, Feb 11, 2008.

1. GodofDeath macrumors member

Ok, so I finally updated to Leopard and now the dock has changed somewhat. Doesn't really matter that much to me except the part where I use to have things like the house icon. Now it's a stupid folder that does the stack thing and I was wondering if there was a way to get it back as a house instead of that stupid folder looking like thing.

Thank You

2. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

you're in luck! in today's 10.5.2 release, apple has re-added the option to display folders as they were in tiger.

ctrl-click or click and hold on the offending stack, and select Display As --> Folder.

in addition, if you want the old tiger method of delving deep into folders through the dock icon, ctrl-click again and select View Content As --> List

and you're all set

3. Calenulma macrumors newbie

Great tip!

Updated my OS from day 1 but never saw that little detail.

Thanks!

4. msmith2112 macrumors 6502

msmith2112

That's great.

The only thing else I'm wondering is can we have it like it was in Tiger...where when you clicked on, say the home icon that you've added to the dock, it takes you straight to that folder?

5. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

Try HierarchicalDock. Gives you a lot more options compared to the normal stacks/folders in the Dock.