Change Document Root

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by slc2015, Dec 13, 2011.

1. slc2015 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I had a website running perfectly off my external hard drive, but then I got Lion Server. I have my site set up with my domain. But when I got to edit the details of the site, I can't change the document root. If I add another site, I can change that site's document root, but never the default. Help?
    Also, how can I setup a mail server with IMAP and SMTP with Lion Server? I have the mail service enabled, and configured, but no mail is being received or sent... Let me know if you need more details...
    Thanks,
    Sam

2. jackhdev macrumors 6502

Hi Sam. I've only briefly used Lion Server but I think the web problem you're having is occurring because you're trying to use the website domain name as your server hostname. For example, if I wanted to run www.website.com on my server, I CAN'T also make the server hostname www.website.com, it has to be server.website.com, etc. That should be your problem. Change it in the Server App.

For mail, are you able to send and receive internally? That's where you should start. If it works, then go and try externally. Make sure that your ISP has port 25 open on your Internet connection and that you have an MX record for your domain pointing to your server. Let me know if you have any questions.